· Ancaster/Hamilton, Ontario (work remotely until “hybrid back in the office” plan is initiated)
· Full-time, permanent position
· Public accounting experience required
· Great company work culture, committed to fostering an environment that provides professional development, growth, and autonomy
We’re Ian Martin Group, and we’ve joined forces with a professional accounting firm, specializing in the needs of small and medium privately held businesses. Operating across Hamilton, Halton and Niagara, they have been helping their valued clients achieve their financial goals for over 40 years.
We are searching the market for a Senior Accountant who is keen and personable. Someone who has recently achieved their CPA designation and has three or more years of experience working in public accounting.
As a member of our audit and assurance team, you will work closely with fellow team members to ensure our clients receive comprehensive high-quality services.
Role & Responsibilities
· Preparing NTR and review files with care, completeness, and self review
· Planning and preparing small audit files (new and repeat) including materiality, risk assessment and preparation of management recommendations
· Preparing and supervising junior staff when leading an audit
· Making basic and complex adjusting entries without assistance
· Analytical procedures including correlations to other financial statement areas, comparison to budget and ratios
· Considering tax and covenant implications for adjustments or proposed changes
· Understanding how to prepare T2 corporate and T1 personal tax returns
· Preparing for, attending, and contributing to client meetings
The best in this role will bring more than just strong public accounting skills and experience. They will be a dependable self starter with the ability to foster strong client relationships. They must be honest, organized and have a proactive nature, recognizing when extra time is required.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working Monday to Friday, during core business hours, with extra hours required during the peak season. They offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. You will also receive a comprehensive company/performance-based bonus, benefits package, vacation, and a laptop. During the pandemic you will work remotely until a “hybrid back in the office” plan is initiated.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- 3+ years experience working in public accounting
- Experience with Audit, Review, NTR and tax preparation
- Experience with Excel and tax preparation software required
- Proven experience working directly with clients
- CPA designation
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!