- Job no: 3BNKH
- Categories: Information Technology
Our client is a leader in the electric utility business. They have an immediate need for an SAP BI/BW Roadmap Architect for a short 2-month assignment. This role can be done remotely from anywhere in Canada.
The resource will study the SAP BI/BW current state architecture, compared to a target for SAP architecture, and prepare a roadmap to get from the current state to the future state. The roadmap is the primary deliverable for the role.
The IT SAP Technical Architect Level 1 creates conceptual architectural designs and develops technical strategies for SAP-based solutions to support business operations in achieving the client’s organizational objectives.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of working experience as lead technical consultant in at least six (6) full cycles of SAP implementation projects or equivalent.
- Develop and create a sustainable conceptual design and technical strategy by collaborating with SAP technical and functional solution leads, project leads, and enterprise architecture groups to provide high-quality solutions to support business operations in achieving the client’s organizational objectives.
- Perform SAP implementation activities efficiently by following industry and client’s standards so that projects are completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
- Present feasible technical options and develop sustainable custom solutions by following industry best practices to ensure innovative, reliable, and quality technology solutions.
- Monitor solution development by providing timely status updates to the technology solution lead and the project leaders on work progress and current issues to ensure that the work is packaged and structured according to standards.
- Assist in creating business cases by providing reliable estimates and communicating ideas and visions to relevant groups using design documents and workshops to support the project team in proposing new projects.
- Provide guidance and technical architecture expertise to other groups in the organization on projects’ detailed designs in alignment with the strategy to continuously build capability and capacity.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent technical skills in the following areas :
- SAP technology and integrated application platforms
- SAP roadmap and industry best practices
- SAP implementation - from project initiation, building/configuring/testing the solution, production system cutover, support, and closing
- Landscape technologies and integration design
- Development standards
- User interface approach
- Good working knowledge of the utility industry, an asset
- Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
- Develop a strategy and roadmap for SAP BW from the current state (BW 7.5) to target (BW4HANA)
- Experience in: SAP BW4HANA, S4HANA, SAP Analytics Cloud
- Analytics experience in Finance, EAM, HCM, EHSM, Supply Chain
- Experience in: data management practices, data analytics, and self-serve data access
This is a short assignment and expected to be the equivalent of 2 weeks full-time work + additional hours as required to answer questions/support after the fact and is not expected to extend past 31-Mar-2021.
- 8+ years’ experience in SAP BW4HANA, S4HANA, SAP BOBJ, SAP Analytics Cloud
- 8+ years’ experience in Finance, EAM, HCM, EHSM, Supply Chain
- 8+ years’ experience in data management practices, data analytics, and self-serve data access
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 19 Dec 2020, 10:09 AM