- Job no: 3128 | 3264 | 3502 | 3608|
- Category: Repair & Maintenance
With strong growth in our service department, our Mackay branch has an exciting opportunity to support continued machine population growth in the region for newly appointed Field Service Fitters and Heavy Diesel Mechanics to join our team. In this position, you will enjoy working alongside a talented team who are safety and customer focused and who all help each other achieve success!
The key responsibility for this role is to provide total customer satisfaction on our beloved Hitachi Construction and Mining equipment providing breakdown, service and planned maintenance support. This position would suit someone who is dedicated to quality service and maintenance delivery outcomes, is professional and proactive in finding solutions for improved service levels.
About You - If you consider yourself to have the following, then we want to hear from you!
- Safety Commitment – Proactive awareness and total commitment to Hitachi’s number one priority – always exercising a high standard of precaution and duty of care to yourself and for others around you
- Personal Drive – Strengthening relationships with a positive, forward thinking attitude
- Creative problem solver - Identifies every opportunity for continuous improvement, navigating complex technical issues and fault finding diagnostics with minimal to zero rework
- Qualifications - Minimum Certificate III in a Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Experience & Skill set - Heavy Diesel mechanics and field service fitters with demonstrated OEM equipment experience – excavator specific diagnosis is highly beneficial
- Customer Focus - Initiative to plan work fronts efficiently and effectively, understanding customer needs and delivering quality outcomes to ensure Total Customer Satisfaction
- Permanent Full Time Position in a leading OEM with long term job security
- Rewarding $$$ salary package + super + tools allowance + potential overtime + company biannual bonuses! $$$
- Genuine work / life balance working on a 7 on / 7 off roster!
- Fully Maintained Service Vehicle + full PPE and Uniform + inclusive of Safety Boots + Company laptop + mobile
- Exclusive staff discounts on Medibank Health Cover and other products and services
- Real career development opportunities and continuous training with supportive mentoring
- Personal upskilling with access to the latest OEM grade technologies
- Be a part of a global organisation which genuinely values and ensures everyone is happy and safe at work!
At Hitachi, we value our people and work towards providing guidance on your career path towards a rewarding and successful experience. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who recruits based on merit and capabilities. We encourage and support a diverse talent pool of skill, ethnicity and gender, to create a wide culture of shared values and enriched experiences in our business.
Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment. At the heart of our machines, our talented and dedicated employees are committed to providing industry-leading after sales service and reliable solutions. We are dedicated to supporting our people, rewarding successes and helping individuals grow. We offer a career path with the future in mind, providing training and development opportunities to help us achieve quality standards. We inspire a safe and healthy working environment through our safety and wellness campaigns so that we can all ‘See You Tomorrow’.
Come and discover the opportunity to join the team at Hitachi. We are here for the long haul.
A career at Hitachi provides the opportunity for you to make a difference. You will be a part of a global OEM renown for inspiring innovation, technology and a sustainable future.
Our vision, mission and values is to provide quality in everything we do, with the goal of total customer satisfaction. Guided by our leadership principles, we value our people through open communication and feedback so that you can contribute purposefully towards Hitachi’s continued success.
We proudly partner with key charities who make significant positive impacts in paediatric health, indigenous education, mental health and cancer research. Additionally, Hitachi commits to protecting our environment through local initiatives which contribute towards global sustainability goals, ensuring that we leave the world a better place.