- Job no: 3758
- Category: Repair & Maintenance
Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment.
Our Mining Assembly division has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Leading Hand to join our team. In this Perth/site based role, your key focus will be to lead a team of mining assembly employees on the new machine site builds, meeting tight deadlines in a safe manner. This permanent role will allow you to access OEM training while you build a long-term career in a global company. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all new machine assembly is completed as scheduled, whilst setting and controlling the quality of all machines that are assembled on site.
- Ensuring all onsite builds and commissioning for mining equipment are completed as scheduled, whilst setting and maintaining a high quality of work
- Maintain housekeeping standards within your allocated area
- Ensuring all HCA mining assembly employees comply with all WHS responsibilities and that a safety first culture is a consistent behaviour within the department and site.
- Liaise closely with mining assembly supervisor and sales to ensure that the customer receives exactly what they have ordered and delivery targets are achieved
- Liaise with stakeholders pertaining to machine performance, product, workmanship and warranty
- Assisting the mining assembly supervisor with other related duties
- Responsible for delivery and site assembly for mining machines
- Responsible to maintain build tooling, containers and Hydraulic Power Pack units
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ensure the HCA Safety Culture is embraced, displayed and driven from within - safety takes priority over everything else
- Hold relevant Australian (or Australian recognised) mobile plant trade qualifications
- Have sound experience, knowledge and understanding of Hitachi civil and mining equipment
- Have a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills with the ability to build positive, long term relationships
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team will be highly regarded
- Must have Forklift/ Dogging/ Rigging and Working at Heights
What's in it for you? We are offering:
- Permanent Full Time Position in a leading OEM with long term job security
- 2n2 roster, flexible roster, ability to work overtime
- Rewarding pay rate + potential overtime + company biannual bonuses! $$$
- Rewarding employee benefits on a range of goods and services with exclusive staff discounts
- Ongoing training and opportunities for upskilling with access to the latest technologies
- Supportive management who value your input in finding new and improved ways to achieving success
- Be a part of a leading OEM which genuinely values and ensures everyone is happy and safe at work!
At Hitachi, we value our people and work towards providing guidance on your career path towards a rewarding and successful experience. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who recruits based on merit and capabilities. We encourage and support a diverse talent pool of skill, ethnicity and gender, to create a wide culture of shared values and enriched experiences in our business.
- Published on 29 Mar 2023, 5:54 AM