Do you love telling people stories? Looking for a communications role with purpose?
Want to work in a passionate, collaborative and supportive environment?
If you’re a media and content specialist with around 5 years’ experience looking for an exciting part-time role, look no further!
Hello, we are AEIOU Foundation. Our purpose is to enhance the lives of children with autism and their families, through evidence-based, successful early intervention programs and practical support.
We want children with autism to live their best life - and we’re going through some exciting changes to help us achieve this vision.
**this is a part time permanent role, 4 days a week and based in Woollongabba**
About the role
In this role, you will tell the stories of AEIOU: our organisation, the people who work in our centres, the parents and carers we partner with, and the children in our care.
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Manager and working with key internal stakeholders including Centre Managers, Head of Service Delivery, Clinical Services, Fundraising and Family Support teams, this role will see you:
- create engaging and effective content for traditional and digital channels
- develop and execute a proactive public relations plan
- assist in the implementation of the advocacy plan
- provide quick, accurate and appropriate responses to all media enquiries
- provide support and advice to the corporate affairs team and key internal stakeholders.
You’re a professional, creative and collaborative media and content specialist with demonstrated capability in PR and communications, loads of initiative and a flexible approach.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a degree or equivalent qualification in communications, marketing or journalism
- 4-5 years’ experience in public relations, media and/or communications
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- demonstrated ability to film and edit inhouse video content
- demonstrated experience developing media strategies and effectively managing media enquiries
- administrative and reporting tasks as required.
The successful candidate must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current Blue Card.
Previous experience with human services, disability, childcare or profit-for-purpose would be beneficial but is not essential.
What you can expect
- Work with a dedicated, highly qualified and passionate team
- Help drive change and impact for children with autism and their families
- Join an organisation that is committed to professional development
- Respectful, positive and supportive working environment
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro rata)
- Attractive salary package including salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and immediate family.
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your CV without delay.
AEIOU Foundation is partnering with Heart Recruitment on this recruitment process. Please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
If you’d like to include a cover letter (optional), we ask that you include this within your CV document (ie one document per application, please).
Thanks for your interest in AEIOU Foundation - we look forward to receiving your application!