- Job no: X8BC3
- Career development potential for the right candidate
- Friendly, engaging and community-oriented culture
- WA company with a diverse portfolio
Hawaiian is a leading Western Australian property company with an extensive portfolio which includes shopping centres, office buildings and hospitality assets; employing a team of over 80 people.
With an innovative approach to business and strong company values, Hawaiian proudly services and supports the WA community. Through our many programs and partnerships, we aim to make a meaningful difference in the lives of people in our communities.
Our values at Hawaiian are clear. We are: Passionate, Considerate Collaborative and Curious. Hawaiian is proud to be a leading WA employer and we invite you to consider Hawaiian in your career journey.
You will be the centre ambassador, representing the vision of Hawaiian as the first point of face-to-face contact in connecting our shopping centres (including customers, tenants and the community) and people, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively. The role of the Customer Service Officer is to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our shopping centre by providing exceptional customer service and support through positive and maintained relationships.
This pool recruitment process will be used to fill permanent, fixed term, casual and part time vacancies that may arise over a 12 month period from the date of finalisation of the recruitment process. Fixed term appointments may be made on 12 month contracts with the possibility of extensions and/or permanency. Applicants must be willing to work Saturdays.
Hawaiian is seeking to fill roles working across Tuesday to Saturday reporting to the relevant Property Manager and be responsible for ensuring the smooth, efficient and valued-add operation of our shopping centres by providing exceptional customer service and support through positive and maintained relationships.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To be the brand ambassador for Hawaiian serving as the primary resource for information and assistance for tenants, customers, the community and contractors. All stakeholders are equally important.
- Follow the process in place to ensure all queries, feedback and issues, whether verbal or written, are noted and communicated to relevant team members. Complete and distribute main weekend communication to the team via the Weekend Report.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with tenants, customers and the community.
- Ensure the property is presented at the Hawaiian standard at all times, noting to relevant team members where improvements or repairs are required and ensuring follow-up action is completed. Report any issues to the relevant area, i.e. property management, operations management and/or marketing, via the Weekend Report for non-urgent matters or by phone and email for matters of an urgent nature.
- Responsible for ensuring that WHS policies and procedures directed by the WHS Manager are followed in all instances.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and PR team members to assist with the delivery of the shopping centre marketing messages.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team members to assist with the delivery of campaigns and activation.
- Ensure relevance of on-site shopping centre marketing messages. Change on-site marketing collateral as directed by the Marketing team.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Team to assist with smooth operation and ensure compliance requirements are met
Required Skills and Attributes
- 2+ years' previous experience in a customer focused position with a warm and engaging personality.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience and ability to quickly learn new systems with training
- Knowledge of and experience in shopping centre management and/or retail experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Motivated and committed to accomplishing challenging objectives whilst providing exceptional customer service, via telephone and in person, with maturity and empathy
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple deadlines whilst delivering accurate and quality work
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify opportunities
- Ability to exercise initiative and work both independently and cooperatively as required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive matters with consideration, diplomatically and discreetly
- Professional appearance and telephone manner.
Along with this exceptional career opportunity, Hawaiian is also an employer that is committed to the individual success and career path of its employees.
If you you would like to know more, please click the 'Apply Now' button and submit your CV and Cover Letter.
- Published on 25 Jan 2023, 9:12 AM