Hawaiian is a leading Western Australian property company with an extensive portfolio which includes shopping centres, office buildings and hospitality assets; throughout Western Australia.
With an innovative approach to business and strong company values, Hawaiian proudly services and supports the WA community. We are Passionate, Considerate, Collaborative and Curious and we are proud to be a leading WA employer.
Reporting to the Leasing Manager, Shopping Centres the Lease Administrator will coordinate all stages of the lease documentation process in support of the retail leasing and property management teams on a full time permanent basis and in accordance with the business plans and in line with Hawaiian’s policies and procedures.
Key elements of the role are the administration of the process from lease instruction to lease execution, ensuring accuracy and risk & compliance is maintained at all times and the timely turnaround of all documentation within agreed timeframes.
Key duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare Disclosure Statement based on an approved Letter of Offer and in accordance with the Retail Tenancy Act. Ensure its accuracy by liaising with the Property Manager and / or Assistant Property Manager on centre related items as required and within agreed timeframes
- Coordinate review of draft documents with Leasing Executive (first review) and then Property Manager (second review) within agreed timeframes
- Administer requested amendments from tenant for the Leasing Executive and Property Manager’s review. Seek necessary legal advice from Solicitors based on Property Manager instruction for complex issues/ amendments within agreed timeframes
- Following tenant’s agreement to draft document, request final soft copy document from Solicitors. Print and bind documents, prepare tenant execution instruction letter and coordinate with Leasing Executive and Property Manager to deliver to tenant within agreed timeframes
- Follow-up Lease deposits, bank guarantees and insurance certificates of currency from new tenants. Escalate to Assistant Property Manager as required
- Arrange mortgagee consent as required for documents which are to be registered with Landgate (including also for Office Buildings & Claremont Quarter)
- Liaise with solicitors on Landgate Registration and SAT approvals
- Prepare MRI tenant setup forms & updates and forward them to Assistant Property Manager for review and approval
- Manage Power of Attorneys across company
- Manage Certificates of Title for registration purposes
- Manage Certificates of Title for non-investments properties
- PPSR instructions & maintain register.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in retail property industry
- Exposure to retail leases is advantageous
- Strong Microsoft Office experience with the ability to quickly learn new systems with training
- Knowledge of the Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Act.
Skills and Attributes you will possess;
- High attention to detail with the ability to understand and interpret commercial lease documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed planning and organisation skills including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple deadlines whilst delivering accurate and quality work
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify opportunities, the need for improvement and implement change
- Must be a team player, with the ability to support and motivate colleagues where required.
- Highly proficient in use of computers and ability to work with internal Hawaiian systems once trained.
Take this opportunity to advance your career with a highly successful company that believes its best investment will always be its people.
If the above describes you and you are looking for a rewarding role then please click the "Apply Now' button.