- Job no: NJPXP
Hawaiian is a leading Western Australian property company with an extensive portfolio which includes shopping centres, office buildings and hospitality assets, employing a team of over 80 people.
At Hawaiian our purpose and values are clear - To Enrich people’s lives through places and experiences and we are Passionate, Considerate, Collaborative and Curious. Hawaiian is proud to be a leading WA employer and we invite you to consider Hawaiian in your career journey.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our suburban retail portfolio to undertake the role of Leasing Executive Suburban Shopping Centres on a permanent full time contract.
Reporting to the Leasing Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of assisting the team, including:
- Source, negotiate, contract, monitor and follow-up with new retailers that meet the asset vision and brand strategy.
- Negotiate, contract, and follow up with existing retailers that meet the asset vision and brand strategy.
- Development and implementation of leasing strategies, including tenancy mix strategies and leasing plans in conjunction with LM & PM’s.
- Lease negotiation, documentation, and instructions to the Leasing Administrator.
- Introduction of new and existing tenants to fit-out procedures and expectations whilst ensuring strong communication with the Tenancy Fit-out Coordinator.
- Introduction of new tenants to relevant Marketing Executives and managing expectations.
- Liaison with tenants, external retail leasing agents and tenant representatives.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of market trends and movements in rental values.
- Work with LM & PMs to prepare leasing forecasts and budgets.
- Assist with the management of all legal and insurance requirements pertaining to leases.
- Follow approval processes and write board papers on deals outside budget.
- Regularly update Hawaiian’s leasing website, online advertising and deal tracking tool (Pipedrive).
- Follow document flow procedure and assist Leasing Administrator to turn documents around in a timely manner including accurate completion of Hawaiian approvals as required.
- Qualifications, training and development in shopping centre leasing, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3-years retail leasing experience preferred, and project leasing highly regarded.
- Current REIWA Sales Registration.
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle essential.
Preferred Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to exercise judgment and resolve issues independently.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed oral and written communication with the ability to negotiate, influence and resolve conflict.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify opportunities, the need for improvement and implement change.
- Well-developed planning and organisation skills including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple deadlines whilst delivering accurate and quality work.
- Ability to work as a team player in an environment where information is shared openly.
- Highly proficient in the use of computers and able to quickly learn new systems with training.
- Proven record of closing leasing negotiations in a timely manner.
Take this opportunity to advance your career with a highly successful company that believes its best investment will always be its people.
If the above describes you and you are looking for a rewarding role then please click the 'Apply Now' button.
- Published on 06 Apr 2023, 6:16 AM