- Job no: CP0923
- Two year structured program with a guaranteed graduate role
- Rotate across career streams and projects to experience the full construction lifecycle
- Commences February 2024
As a leading Tier 2 design and construction company, Growthbuilt are known for completing quality commercial, mixed use, aged care and seniors living, hospitality, education and residential projects. At Growthbuilt we build communities. We build the spaces you want to live, work and play in.
From design and construction to customer service and communication, at Growthbuilt we are driven by a commitment to excellence in everything we do. We strongly believe in the long-term growth and development of our people. Our grow our own philosophy and the retention of key employees has always been a pillar to our success.
Growthbuilt’s Cadet Program
Our 2024 Cadet Program cohort will commence 1st February.
The Growthbuilt cadet program is a one-of-a-kind comprehensive development program involving on-the-job rotations and bespoke training.
Whilst completing your studies, you will join us on 2-year rotational program, where you will rotate across a variety of iconic construction projects across Sydney. In your first year you will gain exposure and learning across our three career streams of Site Management, Engineering and Commercial. In your second year, you will choose a stream which will set you up for your career in Construction.
Our Cadet program is overseen by trusted senior leaders who, as ambassadors of the program will guide and support your journey through university and your cadetship.
Not only is this program an excellent way to help you identify where you would like your career to go, we believe this combination of diverse experience is the best way to start your career in construction.
About The Role
Across your rotations, you will be supported to build your capacity in the following areas:
- Attending project and Subcontractor meetings and take minutes
- Track and record site inspections
- Conduct task observations
- Review site drawings and identify inconsistencies and ambiguities
- Prepare look ahead programs
- Read and understand construction documentation including specifications, reports and drawings
- Complete quality control reports
- Prepare and issue RFIs
- Log and track defects
- Complete scope of works
- Prepare and manage Subcontracts and documentation
- Process purchase orders and invoices
- Assist with preparing a Head Contract variation
- Prepare weekly project reports
Plus a variety of other things depending on your project and team.
Our program doesn’t require you to have prior experience in construction, but here is what we look for in a Cadet:
- An enthusiastic and motivated university student in their 2nd or 3rd year of Bachelors in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering
- Can work a minimum of 4 days per week, with 1 day per week to continue your studies
- Eager to start you career in construction industry
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Be able to travel to our project locations in Sydney
What’s In It For You?
- 1 day paid study leave per week to attend classes during semester
- Build lifelong connections with other cadets in your cohort, sharing learnings and experiences
- Progression into a Graduate role after completing the cadet program
- Mentoring from senior leaders in the business
- Opportunity to work closely on a diverse range of projects with high performing teams
- Be a part of a culture that promotes well-being, growth and creativity
- Connect and engage with peers through company social events
How to Apply
For more information about Growthbuilt and our Cadet Program, testimonials, and details about the recruitment process download the Cadet Program Handbook on the Growthbuilt Careers page.
We are hiring now for our 2024 Cadet intake. When you click ‘Apply’ you will be asked to complete a short application form. Applications close 22nd October.
We appreciate the time you take to apply, so we will respond to every application.