The Training and Education officer plays a pivotal role in providing training and ensuring the competency skills of our field employees. The role will be responsible for developing, coordinating and delivering ongoing training to all field employees, respond to operational training requirements and as well as being involved in care worker induction and work readiness. This role plays a critical path in supporting the operations team to optimise service delivery across the region, ensuring all field workers are skilled and competent.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be responsible for high levels of customer service being evident in all interactions with staff, clients, and key stakeholders. You will also ensure that the regional team plan and delivery of care and services is in accordance with relevant funded program guidelines.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an enthusiastic training professional who would be involved in the design and delivery of new training initiatives to strengthen our workforce and building resilience in the communities we work. In addition you will have:
- Monitoring training and development progress of all new employees
- Developing, preparing and facilitating training throughout the various business units of the organisation as per the Annual Training Plan
- Maintaining database and accurate records of all staff training and development information
- Providing monthly training and development reporting to various stakeholders
- Facilitating induction of new employees, placement students and volunteers
- Managing Student Placement Programs
- Ensure training and development is cost-effective and within budget
- Liaise with learning institutes to build partnerships
- Valid Australian drivers’ licence and own vehicle
Culture & Benefits
General Homecare’s innovative and supportive values-based culture will ensure you feel rewarded as you help Australians in need and develop in your career. Our range of employee benefits includes
- Complete autonomy in your role
- Creative freedom
- Competitive Remuneration
- Travel Allowance
- Supportive management team and career progression
- Learning different aspects of the business
General Homecare (https://generalhomecare.com.au/ [link removed]) is a fast-growing group of Community Support & Care providers, highly trusted in the communities we serve that has recently experienced a high-level of expansion, thus our need to grow the team. Our commitment is to assist older Australians and people living with a disability through personalised care solutions focused on helping our clients achieve their aspirations for independence, dignity & control. In Victoria, General Homecare has two leading providers in the group – SAI Home & Community Care (https://saihomecare.com.au/) and Care with Quality (https://carewithquality.com.au/). Through its two brands, General Homecare is one of the largest, private providers of home-based care in the Greater Melbourne region.
Diversity & Inclusion
General Homecare is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information contact: Arushi Bansal (Head of Talent – Genesis Capital) on 0404 282 299 or email@example.com.