- Job no: MP6DT
- Customer-focussed retail bank
- Service and sales
- Collaborative team environment
Come and join a collaborative and supportive team that works with purpose to empower its customers to be confident about their financial future.
Established in 1959, G&C Mutual Bank has grown to be one of Australia’s strongest customer-owned banks. Customer focussed and values-driven, we make responsible, ethical decisions that benefit our customers and the community. Our profits are reinvested to provide better products and services for our customers.
If that ethos resonates with you, we’d like to hear from you. Experience the G&C Mutual Bank difference – It’s your bank, because you own it.
Our Melbourne Service Centre currently has an excellent career opportunity for a full time Customer Service Officer. The position will see you assisting our walk-in customers and those who interact with us through our contact centre via phone and online channels.
You'll be joining a small team who are focussed on providing our customers with a consistently professional and friendly service experience. The key aspects of your new role include:
- Delivering efficient and professional service to our members through the Service Centre and Contact Centre channels
- Assisting with enquiries and providing information relating to all product and service offerings including deposit accounts, home loans, credit cards, general insurance, personal loans and wealth management
- Creating opportunities to provide a total solution for our customers financial needs
- Efficiently processing customers' branch transactions
- Associated administrative tasks including maintaining accurate and timely customer records in various systems
You are a collaborative service professional who is:
- a consistent advocate of our brand
- results oriented with the capacity to identify and convert new business opportunities
- well-organised and able to prioritise effectively
- proactive and able to work well independently when required
- able to communicate confidently with a broad customer group (face-to-face and over the phone)
- able to work a rotating roster with a span of hours from 8am – 6pm, Mon – Fri
We value our employees by providing:
- Discretionary bonus based on organisational performance
- Discounts on financial and lifestyle products (some with qualifying period)
- Annual leave loading
- Option to cash out annual leave
- A paid volunteering day each year
- Corporate wardrobe
- Incentives for independent study along with opportunities for ongoing learning and career development
- Inclusion and wellbeing initiatives, including Employee Assistance Program
We’ve built a team that values service, teamwork and integrity, to go above and beyond for our members. We have a focus on performance and continuous improvement and work collaboratively to get it right. As a member of the Diversity Council of Australia, we recognise the benefits that diversity brings to our organisation. We strive toward a collaborative culture which capitalises on the diverse skills, backgrounds and experiences of our employees.
You must be a permanent resident or Australian citizen to be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted.
- Published on 22 Feb 2023, 11:33 PM