As a part of the DRA Global Group, the G&S Engineering team has over 1000 multi-skilled and professional employees. We deliver professionally managed engineering, maintenance and construction projects to the mining, materials handling and processing industries. Here at G&S Engineering we pride ourselves on our safety culture.
G&S provides a customer centric service which enhances the value and performance of our client's assets, and our success is achieved only through the ability, determination, and passion of our people.
About the role:
Due to continued business success, we are seeking an experienced Leading Hand Mechanical Fitter for our Workshop. The Leading Hand is responsible for providing guidance to work crews on how to safely carry out allocated tasks or components of a project and ensure safe working practices and quality workmanship.
Key to your success will be your strong commitment to safety in the workplace. Proven knowledge and expertise will allow you to build the necessary relationships, successfully and safely lead your team under the direction of your supervisor. Ensure the delivery of project outcomes in line with G&S Client and Statutory requirements – while upholding the G&S objectives of Zero Exposure and an injury free workplace.
Key duties and accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Lead by example with a safe work ethic and display G&S core values
- Organising tasks for work crews prior, and support workers throughout the shift
- Provide guidance to work crews on how to safely carry out allocated tasks
- Prioritise the tasks to be performed in consultation with Supervision, to ensure Project requirements are achieved
- Assist with development and implementation of safe work procedures and instructions
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting (Including but not limited to hazard reports, safety interactions)
- Understand and implement quality control techniques
- Participate in all training and development programs required
- Be able to multitask, plan workfronts and assist in other roles when required by the company
To thrive in this position, you will possess the following:
- Relevant Mechanical Trade Qualification.
- Heavy Industrial and /or Mining Experience
- The ability to effectively communicate
- Commitment to getting the job done safely, together with a positive ‘can do’ approach to challenges
- Strong time management skills
Benefits of working at G&S Engineering:
Our first consideration is your safety and wellbeing, our success is achieved only through the ability, determination, and passion of our people.
- Competitive salary package
- Extensive career progression opportunities in a listed global company.
- Employee assistance programs for you and your family.
- Staff leisure discounted rates at multiple airlines, car rentals and equipment hire companies.
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Medibank Private Health discounts.
At G&S, it is our people who make the difference. To share in our success, apply now!
Don’t delay as we will be shortlisting as soon as applications are received.
Ready to grow, be supported in your journey and achieve with your new company G&S Engineering? Then we welcome your interest and application.
To learn more about us, visit our website: http://www.g-s.com.au/
At G&S Engineering, we realise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included and treated with respect.
Our Recruitment Team kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies.