At G&S Engineering Services we deliver professional asset management services by providing responsive teams with targeted skills to address the maintenance, construction, and engineering needs of our clients in the resources, energy, and infrastructure industries. Our current portfolio of projects range across several heavy industrial markets, affording our team the freedom and flexibility to develop well-rounded professional skills.
As a part of the DRA Global Group, the G&S Engineering team has over 1000 multi-skilled and professional employees. We deliver professionally managed engineering, maintenance and construction projects to the mining, materials handling and processing industries. Here at G&S Engineering we pride ourselves on our safety culture.
G&S provides a customer centric service which enhances the value and performance of our client's assets, and our success is achieved only through the ability, determination, and passion of our people.
About the role:
We are currently looking for an Area Superintendent based out of our Biloela Office to lead an exceptional team through its next phase of development and growth.
Key to your success will be your strong commitment to safety in the workplace. You will be able to demonstrate experience and skills in providing a high level of support to the Area Manager across all aspects of the project (planning, execution and close out). You will also provide direction, guidance, and leadership to the supervisors to ensure the project is completed safely, on time, within budget and to the client’s satisfaction.
Key duties and accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to the team to ensure the requirements of the HSE Management plan, including systems and procedures, are followed.
- Provide ongoing coaching and guidance to supervisors to ensure effective management of the team.
- In collaboration with the Area Manager and Workforce Planner, ensure planning and scheduling is carried out, and reviewed and revised, as necessary.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Work with the Area Manager to manage the finances of the project.
- Work closely with the Area Manager, supervisors, and other senior staff to identify and implement business improvements.
To thrive in this position, you will possess the following:
- Mechanical/ Electrical/ Structural Trade qualification or Engineering background.
- Coal Board Medical & Standard 11.
- Coal Handling plant experience highly desirable.
- Experience in construction and maintenance of heavy industrial machinery.
- Sound project management skills, including planning, delivery, and reporting.
- The ability to effectively communicate.
- Commitment to getting the job done safely, together with a positive ‘can do’ approach to challenges.
- Strong time management skills.
Benefits of working at G&S Engineering:
Our first consideration is your safety and wellbeing, our success is achieved only through the ability, determination, and passion of our people.
- Highly competitive salary package
- Extensive career progression opportunities in a listed global company.
- Employee assistance programs for you and your family.
- Staff leisure discounted rates at multiple airlines, car rentals and equipment hire companies.
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Medibank Private Health discounts.
At G&S, it is our people who make the difference. To share in our success, apply now!
Don’t delay as we will be shortlisting as soon as applications are received.
Ready to grow, be supported in your journey and achieve with your new company G&S Engineering? Then we welcome your interest and application.
To learn more about us, visit our website: http://www.g-s.com.au/
At G&S Engineering, we realise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included and treated with respect.
Our Recruitment Team kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies.