Who are we?
Thirsty work happens every day at Frucor Suntory – we are the distributor of some of New Zealand and Australia's most popular beverage brands after all.
We are committed to leading positive change in the trans-Tasman beverage market, protecting resources and nurturing communities. With approx 1,000 employees across New Zealand and Australia and part of a larger network of approx 40,000 employees within leading global beverage and food company Suntory, we are guided by the shared philosophy ‘in harmony with people and nature’ to ensure corporate responsibility and sustainability.
We market, make, market and distribute a range of fruit juices, fruit drinks, energy drinks, waters and soft drinks, many of which are household names throughout New Zealand and Australia. Our brands include the iconic ‘V’ energy drink, Fresh Up, Just Juice, h2go, Mizone, NZ Natural, Pepsi Max and Suntory BOSS Coffee.
The Challenge – Should you choose to accept it…
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive category strategies, ensuring supplier sourcing strategies and plans, governing supplier performance management programmes, and managing BCP and risk management programmes to ensure continuous supply of materials and overseeing internal and external stakeholder and relationship management.
Where do you fit in?
Here at Frucor Suntory, we don’t take ourselves too seriously and like to have fun but we don’t shy away from a challenge, and neither should you. A lot of what we look for is how you would align with our values ‘Together’, ‘Go For It‘ and ‘Make a Difference’.
To enable you to hit the ground running, we’re looking for someone who:
- Has a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline with significant related experience
- Has proven skills and experience in commercial procurement, combined with sound commercial acumen
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the procurement lifecycle and how to develop strategies to create leverage opportunities at each of the stages, along with proven negotiation and contracting skills
- Has demonstrated strategic and operational procurement skills
- Has highly developed interpersonal skills which can be applied at all levels within the organisation and externally
- Has exceptional relationship management and influencing skills and the ability to maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Has the ability to have continuous focus on improvement, and the ability to provide strategic suggestions
- Proven ability to contribute to and manage change
- Initiative and drive to make things happen
- FMCG, 3PM and Raw materials Procurement in particular will be an advantage
What can we do for you?
We offer a competitive base salary, a day off on your birthday, flexible working hours, study leave and the opportunity to earn an incentive. Working at Frucor Suntory isn't a job, it's a career. We support our people to be their best, and our learning and development opportunities are hard to beat. We share ideas, knowledge and expertise wherever we can to ensure our employees can flourish.
We’re incredibly proud of our vibrant culture and our people, which makes Frucor Suntory a great place, and we’re honoured to be recognised as a winner of the HRD NZ Employer of Choice Awards for 2020.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a great team and use their skills to influence our staff and customers. You will receive a high level of support to learn new skills and enhance your personal development.
At Frucor Suntory, we recognise that all life experiences equate to innovation. We welcome people of all cultural and ethnic backgrounds, disabilities, ages, life stages, all sexualities and all genders to apply to join the Frucor family. We are 100% proud of our people. We empower each other to go for it and make a difference. Come and work with us! Different together, we play and win as one team.
How do I apply?
If you’re passionate about your career and seek a high growth environment, a strong team culture, career advancement and the opportunity to make a real difference to the company’s on-going success, then this is the role for you!
Keen to join our team? Click apply to submit your CV & cover letter before end of day Sunday 1 August.
Please note that final applicants will need to undergo a Ministry of Justice security check.
Attention Recruitment Agencies: Frucor Suntory has a Direct Sourcing model and at this point in time we will not require any recruitment agency support for this role.