This is an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic and innovative professional to bring their attitude to learn and passion to grow and make a difference within our talented engineering team.
Reporting to Product Engineering & Innovation Manager, you will be responsible to provide engineering support to the Architectural Door business including product development, product & system integrity, and optimizing manufacturing processes.
You will work with the Production Manager & Custom Door team for effective design and manufacturing of custom garage door systems. You will be responsible for developing, reviewing, and maintaining manufacturing specifications, standard assembly methods, Bill of Materials (BoMs), and drawings for current and new door profiles.
Day to day you’ll be:
- Develops new product models in line with market trends and strategic priorities, including prototypes with Production teams
- Provide advice on structural construction, fastening methods, and installation
- Ensure process improvements across manufacturing, including safety, efficiency, and quality improvements
- Leads team in identifying, analysing, and implementing solutions for key issues in B&D Architectural Doors engineering accountabilities
What you will bring and develop
You are a dynamic engineer with a passion to learn and grow in a manufacturing environment. Your ability to influence, build relations, customer service focus and keen analytical thinking will see you succeed in the role.
As an efficient team player, you’ll be able to self-manage, and work collaboratively with your peers in a constantly growing/changing environment.
Other key skills and experience include:
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree or similar qualification
- Experience of working in product design or process engineering roles within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a team environment
- Experience in computer-aided drawing (ProEngineer is desirable)
- IT savvy with sound Excel, Word, and Outlook skills
- Experience in product development and lean manufacturing is favourable
- The ability to seek out improvements and drive process enhancements.
In joining our talented and friendly team you’ll be part of a group who are passionate and proud of what they do, enabling you to drive your career forward.
The products at B&D Group help protect the things you value most. Our commitment to quality flows through everything we do from custom-made access solutions to the convenience of automation and nationwide servicing. The B&D brand has grown to become an Australian icon that reflects engineering ingenuity and innovation. We lead the way in residential and commercial access solutions.
If you want to be part of the name Australia knows & trusts, then apply today!
Join the DuluxGroup Talent Community– stay connected with the latest job updates.