G’day Group comprises three leading Australian tourism brands in Discovery Parks, G’day Parks and loyalty program G’day Rewards. Employing more than 1100 people Australia-wide, G’day Group has a truly national footprint of over 280 holiday parks, including 65 fully owned and operated parks. The largest park network in the country, we’re about authentic Australian holiday experiences and inviting all Aussies to say g’day to more of Australia.
We’re on a journey of growth and evolution to reshape the industry, offering the best customer experience underpinned by the best technology. With eyes on domestic and regional tourism like never before we are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team to deliver holiday memories that put a smile in every g’day.
You will be responsible for providing an efficient and cost-effective food service, with the smooth day-to-day operation in a Commercial Kitchen, with consistent superior guest focus at the forefront of all activities. You will achieve this through implementing a strong service focus and ensuring that efficient standards and practices are employed. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery. You will also liaise with front of house staff to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of daily services. This is a fixed term contract from Feburary 2021 until May 2021.
Tertiary Qualifications in the relevant field with 2 years’ experience in a similar role will be highly regarded along with an excellent understanding of the hospitality industry with a particular focus on mining camps, motels and banquet facilities.
Proven experience in working autonomously whilst achieving expectations is essential. The ability to accept high level responsibility and display initiative and professionalism along with the demonstrated knowledge of budgeting, profit margins and contributions will ensure your success in this role.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous cooking experience and cooking in a similar environment
- Formal trade qualifications in commercial cooking or equivalent experience
- Proven experience -purchasing, stock management, waste management and cost management
- Proven experience in planning and developing menus
- Experience using a combi oven
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to prep and organise ahead
- Current First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
How to Apply
Discovery what matters - APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.