Discovery Parks are the largest owner and operator of holiday parks in Australia, and the industry leader. We own and operate over 65 Discovery branded holiday and workforce Parks, and also own the Top Parks network of parks – taking our portfolio to in excess of 250 parks nationally. We directly employ over 1,000 people across Australia.
At the heart of Discovery Parks are happy people: happy customers and happy staff. We are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team that works together to help our customers discover what matters.
As a Cook at Discovery Parks Port Augusta you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a clean kitchen, equipment and utensils
- Food preparation and presentation (breakfast, crib, dinner and functions)
- Adherence to dietary requirements (allergies, special requests)
- Adherence to legislated food hygiene and general safety practices
- Provide fast and effective service
- Utility duties including: housekeeping, kitchen hand and dining room
This position will be offered for approximately 3 months. The successful applicant will be provided with all inclusive accommodation in the park and be paid at casual rates per the Hospitality Industry General Award.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous experience cooking in a similar environment
- Formal trade qualifications in commercial cooking or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in electronic purchase ordering and cost management
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to prep and organise ahead
- Current First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Great opportunity to save some $$$ while you work
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
How to Apply
Discovery what matters - APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.
- Published on 12 Feb 2020, 4:48 AM