- Job no: C9ETC
- Unique opportunity like no other in tropical Queensland
- Lead a kitchen to give guests a memorable experience
- Fantastic package on offer with relocation assistance
Located 275km southwest of Cairns, Undara Experience is a gateway to the network of lava tubes caused by volcanic eruption 190,000 years ago. It’s an internationally significant geological treasure and a wonderful attraction along the Savannah Way, which is the main touring route for travellers across northern Australia from Cairns to Broome.
The property currently offers a range of accommodation options with 60 cabins comprising 18 Homestead Rooms, 6 Pioneer Huts, 16 Railway Carriage rooms, 20 Swag Tents and 98 sites, including 58 powered and 40 unpowered sites, with room for further development. Facilities include large central open-air dining and bar, a pool, petrol pumps, communal campfires, shop, open-air stage, airfield, bush walking trails, conference room and bike tracks.
Undara Experience tours of the spectacular lava tube network and ‘wildlife at sunset’ tours are popular with travellers. It is also home and host to the Undara Outback Rock and Blues festival every year. A large focus on F&B, the Undara Experiences has a restaurant, bar and provides a bush breakfast daily.
This position involves leading a team to provide catering for a mix of indoor and outdoor Food and Beverage requirements. This role is live-in and therefore you will be provided accommodation and meals.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading a small kitchen team
- Preparation and cooking of all dishes
- Experience on pans, grills and fryers
- Checking quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- Work effectively within a team environment
- stock control and monitoring wastage
- Follow a high standard of food safety and hygiene practices
- Supplier liaison
- Ensuring safe work practices with focus on workplace health and safety
Skills & Experience
- CDP or Sous Chef Experience
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent)
- 2 year min experience in commercial kitchens post qualification.
- Current First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Fantastic package on offer
- Large Australian Tourism company with opportunities for growth and movement
- Discounted accommodation at our network of parks for you, your family & friends
- Discounted products from our G'day rewards Partners
- Experience of a lifetime
How to Apply
Discovery what matters - APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below. Please have your cover letter and resume together in one file ready to upload.
Discovery Parks is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our staff, customers and the communities we operate in. Due to the latest highly contagious Covid-19 variant, Discovery Parks has implemented a vaccination policy which requires all employees, wherever possible, to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This Covid vaccination policy applies to all new Discovery Parks employees.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.
- Published on 05 Aug 2022, 2:45 AM