Discovery Parks is Australia's largest owner operator of holiday and accommodation parks located in more than 60 of Australia's most beautiful locations. With a vision to become the best accommodation provider in Australia we deliver a consistent, distinctly local, welcoming experience and create a sense of community by making it personal every time. We help people create their own unique stories.
Nestled into the sand dunes in one of the most relaxed and breathtaking coastal locations in Australia, Discovery Parks is bringing to life Rottnest Islands first glamping experience. Featuring 83-luxury tents across several service levels, a resort style pool and two restaurants and bars.
Discovery Rottnest Island is where our guests can re-imagine the great Australian family holiday, disconnect from the world, enjoy freedom, space and discover what really matters.
At the heart of Discovery Parks are happy people: happy customers and happy staff. We are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team that works together to help our customers discover what matters.
The Head of Housekeeping and Grounds and Maintenance directs and coordinates the daily operations of the housekeeping and grounds and maintenance teams to ensure that accommodation, common areas and grounds are kept in clean, orderly and functional condition.
You will conduct inspections of facilities and recommend repairs and upgrades when needed whilst ensuring compliance with all government regulations.
You will be responsible for creating quality standards and monitoring their implementation.
This is a large, diverse role that requires a knowledgeable, hands on leader.
What we're looking for
- Completion of high school qualifications (Yr 10 equivalent)
- Trade qualification (carpentry, electrician, plumber, mechanic, etc).
- Experience working within a similar role in a maintenance or handyperson capacity
- Strong customer-centric approach to business
- Strong team leadership experience, with demonstrated abilities to coach others to improve performance
- Physically capable of undertaking the manual labour demands of the role
- High level of physical fitness, health and strength
- Manual dexterity and strength – the ability to move hands and fingers to grasp, manipulate and assemble objects
- Current Drivers’ license essential
Accommodation will be provided on the island for the successful applicant.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must be able to provide a Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.