G’day Group comprises three leading Australian tourism brands in Discovery Parks, G’day Parks and loyalty program G’day Rewards. Employing more than 1100 people Australia-wide, G’day Group has a truly national footprint of over 280 holiday parks, including 65 fully owned and operated parks. The largest park network in the country, we’re about authentic Australian holiday experiences and inviting all Aussies to say g’day to more of Australia.
We’re on a journey of growth and evolution to reshape the industry, offering the best customer experience underpinned by the best technology. With eyes on domestic and regional tourism like never before we are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team to deliver holiday memories that put a smile in every g’day.
Tucked into the northern tip of the rugged Ben Boyd National Park on the NSW Sapphire Coast, our caravan park is on the doorstep of a nature lover’s paradise: a national park with walking tracks, sheltered inlets and 45 kilometres of rugged coastline.
Discovery Parks Pambula Beach is an ideal location to work and build a career in a community you'll love.
About the Role
As an Assistant Manager this position involves a mix of indoor and outdoor functions - at times grounds-based with a maintenance focus and at others Front Office Customer and strategic focused. This position is a live-in role with accommodation provided and as such, you will have a hands-on approach.
The Park has a variety of cabins on offer for our guests as well as ensuite, powered and unpowered sites. There is plenty for the kids on offer which makes this park an attraction holiday destination for families. They can enjoy the jumping pillow, playground, water park and swimming pool and there is a rage cage!
Your responsibilities will span across administrative front office management, to park operations, planning and development.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Exceptional customer service - ensure all staff provide excellent service and efficiently handle guest enquiries
- Front Office management - all aspects
- Park Operations – ensuring the efficient delivery of all services related to running the asset i.e. customer service, grounds management and cleaning. You will ensure a team culture is built to consistently provide customers with a beautiful, safe and well maintained park
- Marketing - review and administration of third party websites, local area marketing and assistance with revenue and yielding
- Given the nature of our business and care for customers an on-call roster will form part of the job requirements
Skills & Experience
We are looking for an individual with the ability to develop park team members and lead the park in the Manager's absence. You will be able to prioritise your workload to achieve daily outcomes whilst also understanding the big picture, always with the customer as the priority. You will bring to the role:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in hospitality management or other related industries
- Proven and demonstrated experience in managing, developing and training staff
- Strong computer skills, especially in the MS Office suite
- Proven experience in general building maintenance and grounds work
- A flexible attitude to work, and work hours (including weekends and after hours)
- Knowledge and understanding of WHS and responsibilities
- Previous experience with RMS or similar reservations systems will be held in high regard
- A love of customer facing communication, tourism and ideally the outdoors and the desire to be part of a regional town
- Industry standard base salary plus all inclusive accommodation for YOU & YOUR FAMILY
- Annual bonus based on KPI's
- Professional development & opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally
- Discounted accommodation at our network of parks for you, your family & friends
- Discounted products from our G'day rewards Partners
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.