About Discovery Holiday Parks
It’s an exciting time for Discovery Parks. Since our inception in 2004 we have experienced extensive growth. We currently own and operate over 65 parks and employ over 1500 people throughout Australia. In 2018 we acquired Top Parks. Discovery Parks and Top Parks is now Australia’s largest network of holiday Parks. In addition to operating parks, we offer the G’DAY Rewards program – offering a community of mates’ exclusive deals and benefits at Australia’s largest network of holiday and workstay parks.
The Discovery Parks Group is a multidimensional business with a strong strategic advantage within the accommodation sector. Our aim is to be the leading regional accommodation business in Australia.
We are seeking passionate and adaptable people that enjoy working within a high-performance team that work together to help our customers discover what matters.
About the Role
The Payroll Officer position is primarily involved in processing the fortnightly national pay run and undertaking associated reporting responsibilities both fortnightly and at month-end.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· End-to-end Payroll processing
· Data entry of new employees into payroll system
· Ensuring the timely distribution and return of timesheets, transaction listings and pay advices
· Using a Superannuation clearing house
· PAYG processing
· Processing terminations and redundancies
· Manual transactions
· Answer general payroll queries for employees by telephone and email
· Ensure all payroll related month-end information is available to Finance at the time it is required
· Conducts annual leave and DIL audits
· Contributes to key organisational projects
· Ad hoc filing or administrative duties as requested
Skills & Experience
The position requires someone who has end-to-end payroll experience and is focused on providing good customer service.
To be successful in the role you will possess the ability to interpret Awards, in particular the Hospitality General Award, have experience with high volume payroll processing, have the ability to simply explain complex issues and be competent in Microsoft Excel.
Experience using Sage MicrOpay, SAP Business One, time & attendance systems and Knowledge/experience in hotel, recreation, leisure, tourism or hospitality management and property management would be an advantage. The successful candidate will be highly organised with the ability to assess the urgency or otherwise of work allocated and prioritise their workload accordingly.
· A competitive salary with annual bonus based on KPI’s
· Professional development and opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally
· Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends
· Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
· Opportunity to travel to some beautiful remote locations within Australia
We are an innovative business that is significantly disrupting the domestic accommodation industry.
If you are passionate, adventurous, and ready to hit the ground running, we want to hear from you.
Discover more to life - APPLY NOW!
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. Drivers Licence essential