DEWC Services has a proud history of providing Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Electronic Warfare (C4ISREW) expertise to Defence. What began as a small group of passionate Electronic Warfare Veterans in 2011, DEWC Services now boasts a team of specialist electronic engineers, software engineers, data scientists, physicists, academics and veterans with the skills and experience required to address the complex modern challenges of the electromagnetic battlespace.
We have built a reputation with both our clients and the industry at large as being a trusted and committed partner, guided by our core values.
We are passionate about leveraging the individuality and differing skillsets found within each one of our team members, developing solutions for application within the omnipresent electromagnetic spectrum (communications, safety, security and protection measures). At DEWC Services, we are committed to developing dependable and fit for purpose solutions that are adaptable to an ever-changing future.
About the Role
DEWC Services is growing its software and artificial intelligence (AI) engineering capabilities. We seek machine learning engineers to help Defence adopt effective and responsible AI solutions.
As a consultancy, we offer diverse work for our machine learning engineers. In your role as a machine learning engineer, you may:
- Write and deploy automated pipelines to train, benchmark and deploy machine learning models.
- Write APIs to streamline machine learning inference for end-users.
- Deploy machine learning models to various architectures such as serverless and edge.
- Work with software engineers, data scientists and product owners to incorporate machine learning models into larger software packages.
- Add explainability to existing machine learning models.
- Use drift detection to trigger events such as model retraining.
- Deploy closed-loop active learning solutions to automate tasks such as data labelling.
At DEWC Services, we, above all, value your integrity, passion and self-motivation in line with our company values. However, at a minimum, we require the following:
- Significant experience in either Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, or related experience.
- Knowledge of the Python data science ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of fundamental machine learning concepts, algorithms, and techniques.
- Experience with data preprocessing, feature engineering, and model evaluation.
- Experience training or deploying machine learning models.
The following are also desirable:
- Experience with Docker and containerisation.
- Kubernetes experience.
- Familiarity with orchestration tools such as Airflow and Dagster.
- Proficiency in other languages such as Java, C++ and Go.
- Previous work in a consultancy, with expertise in requirement elicitation and software design.
- Experience working in an agile environment using the Atlassian stack.
- Experience working with the NVIDIA machine learning stack, such as Deepstream and Triton Inference Server.
- Experience in AI explainability using open-source packages such as SHAP.
- Previous experience working in a Defence software development ecosystem.
We're a Great Place to Work
DEWC Services is a certified Great Place to Work™. By choosing to grow your career with DEWC Services, you will be supported by a company that advocates a positive work culture (recognised and awarded by the professional community). Our activities and actions are underpinned by our corporate values which drive our success. We are collegiate and collaborative, valuing professional development and personal excellence. Our flexible employment arrangements are integrated with our employee wellbeing program. If you enjoy work that is purposeful, challenging and shares team success, DEWC Services is the right workplace for you.
Please note, you must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to obtain AGSVA security clearance of NV1 or higher
- Published on 03 Jul 2023, 4:30 AM