DEWC Services is seeking Defence experienced Systems Engineers to join our Adelaide team to support the management of complex capability development and application.
Why DEWC Services
We’re bringing our innovative approach for achieving amazing employee experiences to Canberra. Certified as a Great Place to Work™, we rank amongst Australia’s best workplaces and proactively advocate for a positive work culture that is underpinned by corporate values. We offer true life-work balance with flexible employment arrangements and TOIL integrated within our employee wellbeing program. We provide a work environment that promotes good mental and physical health so that our people can thrive and reach their personal and professional potential.
More specifically, the Systems Engineer will:
• Apply contemporary systems engineering thinking to identify and deliver innovative improvements and enhance performance of Australia’s sovereign C4ISREW capabilities.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define, gather and analyse system requirements; Configure and Integrate different subsystems and components, ensuring compatibility and interoperability.
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including software engineers, hardware engineers, project managers, and ADF personnel, to ensure successful system development and deployment.
• Create system architecture designs and documentation, defining the structure, interfaces, and system behaviour.
• Utilise appropriate modelling and simulation tools and technique to evaluate and validate system performance, analyse different scenarios, and optimize system design.
• Documentation and reporting: Prepare technical reports, specifications, and documentation throughout the system development lifecycle, ensuring clarity, accuracy, and compliance with standards and regulations.
• Provide technical leadership and support, embedding DEWC’s strong corporate values within the newly established Canberra team.
What we are looking for
• Undergraduate Engineering degree with applied experience in Defence or aligned industries.
• Skills and/or experience in RADAR, RF/microwave telecommunications, SATCOM, Electro-optic systems, signals processing/analysis and Defence intelligence.
• Demonstrated systems engineering experience including planning, systems architecture, requirements management, validation and verification methods, integration, and configuration management.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of the Capability Life Cycle, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and overarching application to associated engineering activities.
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to logically synthesize large amounts of information.
Please note, you must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Federal Government Security Clearance.
- Published on 03 Aug 2023, 2:51 AM