- Job no: EEHM6
About our Organisation
Established in 1948, the Detmold Group is an Australian family-owned and operated business, supplying some of the world’s largest and most iconic food and retail brands. Driven to achieve to the highest standards, the Group places a strong emphasis on quality, service, and efficiency in delivering world-class paper and cardboard packaging products to our diverse customer base across a broad range of markets.
About our Opportunity
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager NZ, this role is responsible for the coordination of our inbound logistics arrangements and the provision of all administrative support to facilitate a smooth and efficient warehouse operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating all import processes including: facilitating customs clearance; liaising with MPI, freight forwarders, internal Detmold Group, 3PLs, and other stakeholders as required; and managing container schedules, exercising cost control and prioritisation to minimise demurrage and detention fees.
- Effectively checking all inwards stock against shipping documentation (bill of lading, invoices, purchase orders) and accurately receipting POs into QAD including quantity, lot serial numbers, and location details. Ensuring non-physical locations (CONT) are cleared at the end of each day.
- Monitoring of and liaising with devanning contractors, ensuring stock is palletised as per Detmold standards, required documentation is being used, and operation is being conducted to appropriate timescales.
- Monitor releases of containers entering the warehouse, updating daily the import schedule for all incoming shipments and ensuring containers are de-hired during ‘free’ time to minimise detention and demurrage charges.
- Robust management of CHEP account reconciliations and transfers of pallets process to minimise cost leakage.
- Providing the first point of contact for bookings and transport-related customer enquiries.
- Analysis of data in relation to freight, logistics, and warehouse operations to drive continuous improvement projects and efficiency improvements.
Based near Auckland Airport, we operate two finished goods warehouses and are supported by a number of 3PLs. Our ideal candidate must be well-organised, process-driven, and systematic in order to manage end-to-end container movements from the port to these sites, always through the dual lens of minimising cost impacts and managing customer expectations. Working with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy is critical, particularly where data entry is concerned in order to minimise errors and inventory impacts. Previous experience in a similar role (including CHEP control) is desirable.
Well-developed computer and data-management skills are essential, as well as the ability to quickly learn to navigate our warehouse management and other internal systems. This role plays a key role between the Customer Service and Warehouse teams too so you will be a strong team-player and collaborative communicator, with a desire to contribute to a culture of continuous improvement. A basic understanding of end-to-end warehouse operations, and a strong focus on providing excellent customer service is important.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact in a growing business! We offer a supportive team environment with genuine development and career-growth opportunities.
Confidential telephone enquiries are welcome to Elaine Dillon, People & Culture Business Partner on 021 980 044. To learn more about our organisation and to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.detmoldgroup.com. Applications close 5pm on Friday 16th September 2022.
Please note, only applicants with the right to permanently live and work in NZ, and who are currently residing here will be considered for this role.
Employee safety is our priority, and we want our people to be 100% SAFE. The Detmold Group has been tirelessly working to keep its employees, customers, and communities safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is in line with The Detmold Group’s commitment to our people, customers and communities being '100% safe'. Detmold requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated and requires appropriate evidence to be provided of vaccination confirmation or of government approved exemption. Please consider this requirement when submitting your application.
- Published on 31 Aug 2022, 10:23 PM