You are responsible for your Drill Team and will supervise the day-to-day operation of your drill rig.
Use your drilling knowledge and skills to operate a surface exploration diamond drill rig to achieve maximum production and core recovery in the safest manner.
1. Operate drill rig in the safest possible manner to achieve maximum production.
2. Ensure that “Duty Of Care” is exercised in all aspects of your own work activities as well as all personnel under your control.
3. Ensure all personnel comply with the HSE Regulations, any site specific rules or pertinent act or regulation which may apply with varying site operations.
4. Train, coach and mentor Offsiders and Trainee Drillers in safe work practices and rig operation.
5. Understand fully the terms of the drilling program and liaise with the client to ensure successful completion.
6. Carry out comprehensive pre-starts on rigs.
7. Produce clean drill core/ sample marked to the Client’s requirements.
8. Ensure direction, leadership and support for all drilling and maintenance under your control.
9. Positively promote the company’s business at every opportunity.
10. Ensure a high standard of personal presentation, behaviour and conduct at all times and checking that all field crews are also well presented.
11. Always present “Fit for Work”, being punctual in attendance and participating in Drug and Alcohol testing when required.
- Published on 24 Aug 2021, 1:51 AM