DDH1 are looking for people who want to grow with the company, contribute their exceptional skill set and become part of our exciting team.
We are firm believers that people are our greatest asset and that, accompanied with safety and a collaborative approach, enable us to deliver our world leading exploration drilling scope of services.
We currently have a position for a HSE Operations Manager to join the company where you will be the focal point of contact for all HSE issues within the company. The role will be based at our Canning Vale head office with frequent travel to our project sites. You will be an integral part of the ongoing success of the company.
· Provide ongoing support to site operations through proactive leadership, knowledge and support to reduce health and safety risks, preventing injury and illness
- Lead risk assessments, incident investigations, audits and inspections
· Provide technical advice on the HSE Management System and external requirements
· Prepare reports and analyse HSE data to assess trends and improvements
· Initiate effective consultation arrangements with all stakeholders that result in a collaborative approach to identifying and managing strategic risk concerns
· Monitor the completion of recommendations and actions from incident investigations, inspections, and audits across the business
· Understand Health and Hygiene Management and co-ordinate monitoring as required
- Lead and mentor site Health and Safety Advisors
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications and experience:
· Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety
· 5 - 10 years Health, Safety and Environment experience
· Cert IV in Training and Assessing is desirable
· Exposure to ISO 45001 / 14001 system development and maintaining certification
- Advanced Incident investigation skills
Key Competencies and Skills
· Willingness to travel to remote project sites
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Sound knowledge of the Mines Safety Act and Regulations