WHAT WE DO
CPS National delivers complete electrical and communications solutions as an integrated EPC service provider and has established an extensive network of local offices across all states of Australia. We offer a range of customised power and communication solutions, which are continually delivered across varying market segments, including telecommunications, mining, critical power and utilities.
This is a rare opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join CPS National and play a pivotal role in our engineering team. Central to your role will be the use of your technical expertise in the design, construction, testing and commissioning of our products for utilities, telecommunications and mining customers.
You will join a talented team and bring in-depth experience across all engineering aspects of the project life-cycle. You will guide and mentor other members of the engineering team and be a key technical customer contact for the business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Working in a small close-knit team, you will provide subject matter expertise in the design, review and approval of technical documents and drawings while ensuring on-time, high quality submissions.
On a day to day basis, key responsibilities will also include:
- ensuring engineering work is completed correctly, first time to reduce waste and re-work;
- provide continued development of existing and new engineering service products;
- be a key customer contact for some of our largest customers;
- mentor, train and supervise other members of the engineering team;
- review and approve key documentation;
- support the development and improvement of work procedures and policies;
- oversee the development of product manuals including operating instructions, maintenance instructions, parts lists, test reports and certification details.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Your proven ability to take a senior role and drive strong performance in an engineering and production environment will be complemented by the following:
- Safety as a core value;
- Degree or Advanced Diploma level qualifications in Electrical or Electronic Engineering;
- Membership of Institute of Engineers Australia (or eligibility to obtain);
- 5+ year demonstrated design experience in DC and LV/MV AC systems;
- Strong ability to analyse and identify improvement opportunities and implement solutions;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- High level organisational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to work across multiple projects at the same time.
Additionally, you will co-ordinate design issues, quality, specification and legislative requirements.
If you’re looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced business that celebrates creativity, problem solving and challenging the status quo, you’ll be a terrific fit at CPS National.
**Due to current immigration restrictions and urgency to be filled, this position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only. It is a requirement that you are currently located in Australia.