- Job no: R9HC4
CMC has a great opportunity for Operators/Construction Workers with experience on the roller and other small plant to join our team at our Emu Park Project.
CMC is a leading civil infrastructure, mining and building contractor providing construction solutions to the public and private sectors. With a strong focus on people, culture and services CMC has earned a reputation as a premier contractor, attracting high calibre employees, clients and projects.
About the role
CMC are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated Operators/Construction Workers with an RII qualification on the roller and other small plant (excavator, loader, backhoe). You will have the opportunity to work with supportive teams & experienced Supervisors to help guide you on our exciting projects.
We have several positions available to commence immediately with attractive wage rates. The role will initially be based on our Emu Park Project involving the construction of two new overtaking lanes (one westbound and one eastbound) and associated access improvements. The roster is 5/2 and Drive in Drive out. This project's completion date is around March 2024.
Following completion of this project you will have the opportunity to travel and work on various other projects throughout Qld and NSW.
- Long-term career opportunity;
- Generous hourly rate plus penalties;
- Accommodation and LAFHA allowance provided when working away from home;
- Potential for upskilling and development.
- Hold your RII to operate roller qualification as a minimum.
- Hold a valid 'C' class manual drivers licence, and your own transport
- Be willing and able to travel and work away from home on rosters for example a 5/2 or 10/4.
- Be reliable, organised with great time management
- Be physically fit, ready and able to work outside in the field, and able to pass a pre-employment medical (including functional and drug and alcohol screening)
- Sound problem solving skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to take and apply instruction to complete tasks
- Have a willingness to learn
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Able to adapt to and work with all types of people
- Strong commitment to safety
- Opportunity to complete a Certificate III in Civil Construction (Road Construction & Maintenance or Plant Operations) if desired.
If this sounds like you and you like to succeed, thrive in fast paced environments, enjoy working hard to achieve the program, while being supported by a great team and work culture please apply now by submitting your resume. We are recruiting right now so don’t delay!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Women and People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are a proud member of NAWIC - the National Association of Women in Construction.
You will need to have the right to work in Australia for this position.
We respect the time and effort you will make with this application. All applicants will receive a response, whether shortlisted or not.
- Published on 27 Mar 2023, 3:40 AM