- Job no: KQ3BA
Location: Queensland and NSW
Salary: Competitive Salary + 10-20% project allowance + super + RPEQ funding
Start: Various dates available
Want to work on a diverse range of projects, receive a competitive package, and work for a company that will fund your professional development? Join CMC.
· Diverse projects to gain valuable experience
· Leading Tier 2 – you won’t be just a number
· We’re rapidly growing – come along for the ride!
If you are coming to the end of a project or ready for your next career move, CMC has full-time FIFO/DIDO roles with varying start dates, some immediate.
Just started looking and not available yet? No problem.
Talk to us now and we will slot you into a forthcoming project - we have plenty of projects in the pipeline!
We are a leading Tier 2 civil infrastructure, mining, and building contractor providing construction solutions to the public and private sectors.
With a strong focus on people, culture, and services we have earned a reputation as a premier contractor, attracting high-calibre employees, clients, and projects.
This means we are big enough to offer you opportunities on a diverse range of projects but still small enough to know your name, support your career development, and reward you for your achievements.
Plus, when you work away on projects you will also get generous project allowances and additional leave.
Don't join a company and just be a number - apply now and be part of a real team.
About the roles
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside a supportive and collaborative delivery team, contributing to the successful growth of a business with a strong pipeline of works on the books.
Typical duties include:
- Implementing or creating innovative, cost-efficient construction methodologies and techniques;
- Working actively with Supervisors and the workforce to eliminate the requirement to repeat activities;
- Assisting the Superintendent and Supervisor with tasks delegated by the Project Engineer/Manager;
- The continuous monitoring of the program throughout the life of the project ensuring milestones are completed on time;
- In conjunction with Superintendents and Supervisors, assisting with planning the resources required to achieve the construction program (plant, labour, and subcontractors) and sourcing;
- Assisting with planning and implementing the procurement of materials and subcontractors to achieve construction programs;
- Working with Supervisors to recognise variations, quantity increases or decreases, and any additional scope of works for the production of appropriate variation correspondence;
- Monitoring day costs for activities with Supervisors and making adjustments if unit costs are excessive;
- Providing information for the end of month project costs report with the Project Engineer/Manager;
- Implementing environmental controls where the risk to the environment is serious enough to require monitoring.
Ideally, you will possess the following:
- A Civil Engineering degree;
- Min 2 years experience in cost engineering/productivity on DTMR and/or TfNSW projects;
- Sound technical knowledge;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team that is driven by success;
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Be self-motivated and adaptable with a can-do attitude;
- Be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
Whether you are available right now, in a few months, or working but want to move to a company that will support your professional development, get in touch now to explore what we have to offer.
Apply now and include a cover letter detailing past projects or contact Amanda Datchens on 0406 536 256 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Women and People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are a proud member of NAWIC - the National Association of Women in Construction.
You will need to have the right to work in Australia for this position.
We respect the time and effort you will make with this application. All applicants will receive a response, whether shortlisted or not.
- Published on 16 Feb 2023, 2:27 AM