- Job no: FHDD8
Location: QLD and NSW
Type: Full time
Salary: Competitive Salary + Super + Car + 10-20% project allowance + RPEQ funding
Take your career to the next level with CMC.
· Competitive salary package
· Leading Tier 2 – you won’t be just a number
· We’re rapidly growing – come along for the ride!
CMC is a highly respected Queensland-based civil contractor. With a strong focus on people, culture, and services, plus a great track record in delivering multi-million-dollar civil works across Queensland and NSW, we are rapidly growing - and we want you to come along for the ride.
Big enough to give you exposure on a diverse range of multi-million dollar projects, yet small enough to actually know your name, this is a career development opportunity not to be missed.
With a reputable name within the industry and multiple new awards, we are now actively seeking highly motivated Project Engineers with TMR experience and a passion for on-time and on-budget delivery to join our team during an exciting time of growth.
About the roles
These are full-time roles, based in Queensland and NSW, some with immediate starts.
Reporting to a Project Manager, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside a supportive and collaborative delivery team where you will be responsible for your assigned areas costs, daily and weekly project analysis, quality assurance, and weekly reporting.
You will be working on existing and newly awarded TMR/Roads/Infrastructure projects, developing and delivering successful outcomes while maintaining strong customer relationships, contributing to the successful growth of a business with a strong pipeline of works on the books.
- Implementing or creating innovative, cost-efficient construction methodologies and techniques;
- Producing construction programs for the project together with Supervisors and Superintendents;
- Continuous monitoring of the program throughout the life of the project ensuring milestones are completed on time;
- In conjunction with Superintendents and Supervisors, planning the resources required to achieve the construction program (plant, labour, and subcontractors) and sourcing;
- Planning and implementing the procurement of materials and subcontractors to achieve construction programs;
- Working with Supervisors to recognise variations, quantity increases or decreases and any additional scope of works to produce appropriate variation correspondence;
- Monitoring day costs for activities and adjusting if unit costs are excessive;
- The preparation and analysis of the end-of-month project costs report with the Project Manager;
- Implementing environmental controls where the risk to the environment is serious enough to require monitoring.
To join our team, you will need:
- A Civil Engineering degree;
- Min 3+ years’ experience on TMR and/or RMS and civil infrastructure projects;
- Have an understanding and experience of self-performing and sub-contract works;
- A proven track record in HSE compliance and safety;
- Be able to work as part of a team that is driven by success;
- Possess excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be self-motivated and adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Willing to travel and work away from home on various projects throughout Queensland or NSW on varying rosters when required;
- Able to provide excellent references.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application now – your CV doesn’t need to be completely up to date - or contact Amanda Datchens on 0406 536 256 or at email@example.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Women and People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are a proud member of NAWIC - the National Association of Women in Construction.
We respect the time and effort you will make with this application. All applicants will receive a response, whether shortlisted or not.
- Published on 16 Feb 2023, 2:27 AM