Package: c$110k – 130K + super + benefits
Are you a self-driven HSE professional looking to work on projects in or around the Central to North Queensland area on a FIFO/DIDO basis? Then talk to us now about what we have to offer.
Why join us?
We are growing – and we want you to do the same!
Civil Mining & Construction (CMC) is a leading civil infrastructure, mining, and building contractor providing construction solutions to the public and private sectors.
With a strong focus on people, culture, and services CMC has earned a reputation as a premier contractor, attracting high calibre employees, clients, and projects.
As a result, we are rapidly growing and we want you to come along for the ride.
About the role
We have a full-time HSE Advisor role based in the Central to North Queensland area with an immediate start.
This role will report to the Project Manager and at a corporate level report to the Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality Manager.
Responsible for supporting the Project Manager & HSEQ Manager for the ongoing implementation, auditing and continued improvement of our HS&E systems and processes and monitoring compliance, the successful applicant will provide expert knowledge and advise and will work in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders onsite.
As a Health, Safety & Environment Advisor you will:
- Provide expert knowledge and advice and work in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders on-site;
- Ensure site based inspections and task observations are completed;
- Ensure project personnel have the necessary competencies and complete the necessary documentation for the plant and equipment utilised on-site;
- Be responsible for having training and induction records on-site up-to-date;
- Support on-site incident investigations;
- Provide injury management/rehabilitation (suitable duties) services;
- Deliver workplace safety training such as inductions, awareness, and site work health and safety training;
- Complete monthly project statistics and reports;
- Participate in project toolbox and pre-start meetings;
- Provide coaching for HS&E performance improvement;
- Ensure compliance with relevant State and Commonwealth WHS and Environmental Legislation, Australian Standards and Codes of Practice;
- Identify HS&E risks and action plans are developed, implemented, and reviewed;
- Develop safe work and environmental practices to mitigate risk;
- Provide site HS&E subcontractor management.
Ideally, you will have at least 3+ years’ experience of leading, investigating, developing, and implementing within civil construction including roads, structures and preferably mining, rail and or water infrastructure as well as possessing the following qualifications & skills;
- Tertiary qualifications or Diploma in Workplace Health, Safety and Environment;
- Qualifications in Auditing of Health, Safety, and Environment Systems;
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment;
- Previously trained or qualified in Injury Management or Rehab & Return to Work;
- Knowledge of construction techniques & current experience in permit to work systems and high-risk work activities such as work at heights, confined space entry, and high-risk licensing activities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook e-mail with experience in electronic reporting and document management;
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Both willing and able to travel and work away from home on various projects throughout Queensland on varying rosters when required.
How to apply
Submit your resume now and include a cover letter detailing past projects and your availability.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Women and People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
You will need to have the right to work in Australia for these positions.
We respect the time and effort you will make with this application. All applicants will receive a response, whether shortlisted or not.