- Free access to gyms, recreation and aquatics centres across the state and more!
- Pakenham Location; $82,581 Plus Super
- Six months; Maximum Term Contract
About the Y Victoria
Our Vision is a better tomorrow where all people can belong. With over 5,000 staff and volunteers, we deliver services at more than 150 locations every day, including: Children's Programs, Action Sports, Camps, Recreation, Youth Services and The Virtual Y.
OSHC (Outside School Hour Care) are services for families, children and schools across Victoria. Suitable for children aged from five to 12 years old, we offer both before and after school care and school holiday programs. Many of our programs take place in local primary schools, community centres or recreation centres.
About the Opportunity
The Y Victoria are currently recruiting for a Full Time OSHC Director who will be dedicated to empowering young children and have a passion for providing engaging experiences. Based at our partner school in Pakenham, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the daily operations and strategic development and growth of the program;
- Working with the OSHC Coordinator to implement an educational program and daily practices, that captures children’s skills and interests;
- Working with the OSHC Manager to identify and respond to service improvement opportunities, including daily operations and systems management to plan and meet budgetary requirements;
- Creating a positive relationship with the school, families, local community groups and contract partners;
- Managing a team of educators who support you in operating a high quality and fun Outside of School Hours Care program
In this role you will manage the service, with the support of a full time Coordinator 2IC.
This is a six month full time leadership opportunity with a salary of $82,581 plus super based at John Henry Primary School, Pakenham.
the Y Victoria Employee Benefits
At the Y, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
What do you need?
- Minimum working towards Diploma Qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care and/or Tertiary qualifications in Early Childhood
- Have (or be willing to obtain) HLTAID012 First Aid Qualifications (including valid CPR)
- Have (or be willing to obtain) WWCC (Working With Children Check) Employee edition (VIT unable to be accepted)
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma Qualifications
- Equivalent experience
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au
How to Apply
If this is you, click the Apply button.
$82,581 + super and Y staff benefits