- Job no: BKHK4
- Make an impact in the lives of children and their families
- Focused training and professional development
- Free access to our gyms, recreation, and aquatic centres across the state
About the role
The Early Childhood Teacher is a vital member of the Early Learning team in the delivery of YMCA Children’s Programs in the community. They will work in partnership with other Teacher's to deliver a kindergarten program for children from 3-5yrs during the two years of care prior to starting school. They will assist in enriching children so they can reach their full potential and confidently step into their future.
This role requires:
- A genuine love and passion for working with children and families, be energetic, enthusiastic and motivated in joining our dynamic team
- Strong knowledge and experience of programming and planning for children aged 3-5 years and an understanding of the Victorian Kindergarten Learning Guidelines and Early Years Learning Framework
- Facilitating a diverse learning experience in an inclusive environment for all children, their families and employees
- Encouraging children's independence in relation to health and wellbeing
- Role modelling for children in developing lifelong skills and instilling in them a passion for learning
- Nurturing the curiosity of children in your care, expanding their skillset and overall development
This is a full time opportunity commencing Term 1, 2024, with above award rates and conditions.
We value you
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits such as:
- YMCA Victoria uniform provided
- Individualised personal development plans
- Supportive Centre Manager and Early Years Director (2IC and EL)
- Opportunities for career development and growth across Children’s Programs and our wider organisation including Recreation, Camping, Youth Services and Kingswim
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
Qualifications & Experience
- Completed Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent
- Must hold current VIT Registration
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma certification
About the centre
YMCA Craigieburn West Early Learning Centre is a community based long day care centre that strives to provide the highest quality of care to each child enrolled. The service is co-located with the Before School and After School care program for Aitken Creek Primary School, which is also operated by the YMCA Victoria. Sustainable practices and respect for our environments are a high priority within our centre, being integrated into each daily program by having a natural environment both indoor and outdoor including various animals.
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au
How to Apply
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button or email email@example.com, noting we do not accept applications submitted via email.
Above award rates and conditions + childcare discount and Y staff benefits