- Opportunities for career development and growth, learn valuable leadership skills
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
Are you seeking an opportunity to make an impact in the lives of young people? CAMP NAME, are seeking a passionate program officer to join their team!
About the Camp
Anglesea Discovery Camp is a coastal adventure camp, managed by YMCA Camps. Catering to schools and groups year-round, the team at Anglesea run a variety of programs and activities to suit every group, from beach swimming, canoeing and skateboarding by day, to campfires and stargazing by night. Featuring flexible accommodation options for clients, a vast array of outdoor activities, and nearby access to rivers and beaches, Anglesea Discovery Camp provides the rare opportunity to explore the sand, sea, surf, bush and river environments all in one place.
About the Role
As Program Officer, you will deliver programs and activities to visiting schools and community groups, and liaise with teachers and group leaders to ensure learning outcomes are achieved in an engaging and safe manner. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all camp programs are delivered effectively and safely
- Assisting in preparing, implementing and evaluating a range of programs for different groups
- Maintaining program equipment
- Upholding the values of the Y at all times
You are a motivated individual with experience in the delivery of outdoor recreation programs involving young people. You can demonstrate leadership qualities, and possess strong interpersonal skills, which will allow you to build strong and positive relationships with a number of stakeholders.
In return, YMCA Victoria offers you flexible working, rostering arrangements, opportunities for career development and growth, and a range of further benefits.
- Level 2 First Aid & current CPR certificate
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au
How to Apply
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Published on 29 Jun 2023, 4:21 AM