- Flexible working and rostering arrangements for excellent work-life balance.
- Opportunities for career development and growth, learn valuable leadership skills
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
Are you seeking an opportunity to make an impact in the lives of young people? CAMP NAME are seeking a passionate Kitchen Assistant to join their team!
About Anglesea Discovery Camp
Anglesea Discovery Camp is a coastal adventure camp, managed by YMCA Camps. Catering to schools and groups year-round, the team at Anglesea run a variety of programs and activities to suit every group, from beach swimming, canoeing and skateboarding by day, to campfires and stargazing by night. Featuring flexible accommodation options for clients, a vast array of outdoor activities, and nearby access to rivers and beaches, Anglesea Discovery Camp provides the rare opportunity to explore the sand, sea, surf, bush and river environments all in one place.
About the Role
As a Kitchen Assistant, you will work within the catering team to ensure all campers receive delicious meals during their stay. You will be responsible for:
- Preparing and providing food for campers, including the coordination of special diets
- Assembling and preparing ingredients as required
- Applying best practice as outlined in the camp’s food safety program
- Upholding the values of the Y at all times
You are a motivated individual with a commitment to perform to their best. You possess problem-solving skills and can apply initiative to work unsupervised, if required. Previous catering or hospitality experience, and knowledge and understanding of kitchen operations will be highly regarded.
In return, YMCA Victoria offers you flexible working and rostering arrangements, opportunities for career development and growth, and a range of further benefits.
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au
How to Apply
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button or email email@example.com for further information.
- Published on 29 Jun 2023, 4:48 AM