- Work as a Casual or Temporary full-time bus operator at one of our seven transport operation depots
- An opportunity to make a genuine positive impact to the community of Brisbane
- No previous bus driving experienced needed - full training provided!
Personnel Area: Transport for Brisbane
Branch: Transport Operations
Casual: AUD $40.76 inclusive of 23% casual loading
Traineeship: AUD $1239.20 per week gross + superannuation
Penalties, overtime, and allowances are in addition to the above rates.
Work type: Casual & Temporary Full-Time
Brisbane City Council operates one of the largest bus fleets in Australia and offers a variety of services to the public. We provide time-tabled bus services, tourist, school, special events and charter runs as well as other services as required across Brisbane City.
As a bus operator/driver, you will be delivering the best customer service as part of a world class mass transit system and be instrumental in moving the people of Brisbane safely to their destination.
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- great customer service and communication skills
- ability to follow all workplace health and safety directions
- an open, unrestricted, provisional, or probationary Australian drivers licence - C class (or HR, MC, MR) drivers’ licence – for a minimum 3 years continuously
- the ability to gain a Drivers Authorisation
Currently, our employment offers for 2023 have been fulfilled. Want to be the first person notified on when we are recruiting for 2024 opportunities? Register your details via the 'I'm interested' button!
Benefits of working for Council: CLICK HERE
How to register your interest: Click on the 'I’m interested' button to complete your online application. Please upload your tailored resume and covering letter (of no more than one page) demonstrating your suitability to the position.
Working in Council means delivering excellent customer service to the people of Brisbane.
This role will require you to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment to assess your ability to perform the genuine occupational requirements of the role.
For more information: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly encourage enquiries from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Contact: Jessica Drummond, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Pathways Coordinator. Ph: 3178 1590 or email@example.com
Brisbane City Council is a multi-award winning accessible and inclusive workplace where our people represent the diverse communities we serve, are supported, and can feel safe. Council has been awarded Employer of the Year at the National Disability Awards and has been recognised multiple times with ‘Gold Employer’ status from the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
- Published on 22 Oct 2023, 2:00 PM