- Dynamic & Energetic office with significant growth in the pipeline
- BG&E offers flexible work options including WFH
- Career progression tailored to individuals’ goals supported by a global team of experts
BG&E is an employee-owned engineering consultancy with more than half a century of experience. United by a common purpose – we believe that truly great engineering takes curiosity, bravery and trust, and is the key to creating extraordinary built environments.
Our offering is underpinned through the utilisation of BG&E’s extensive local knowledge, leveraging off our diverse proficiency in concrete, structural steel, masonry, and timber structures. Working with us provides you with variety. We work alongside a diverse range of clients, from private asset owners, contractors, and state government agencies.
At BG&E, we live our values every day: to demonstrate care and integrity, strive to pursue excellence, and, serve as one team, that is ‘The BG&E Way’. We empower our people to be empathic, high-performing and creative, and contribute to communities.
We are looking for an experienced Structural Engineer focused on buildings, timber and constructions based in our Melbourne or Sydney office, our teams all have flexible working arrangements. This senior role will be working in collaboration with other principal and senior level engineers and be responsible for delivering solutions across a wide variety of engineering projects.
This role will include some project management and business development functions as required as well as providing opportunities to progress over time into a more senior role within the business
- Preparation of concept and schematic designs for a variety of general varied structures
- Undertaking detailed analysis, design computations and running complex models and constructability reviews
- Peer review of detailed calculations, technical reports, and design concepts.
- Co-ordination and participation of designs with other project team consultants, Architects, and clients.
- Visits to construction and project sites to perform site inspections and to provide observation reports and supporting engineering advice
- Guide and liaise with design teams of engineers and drafters to ensure project objectives are being achieved.
- Relevant engineering qualifications and be a Chartered Engineer or already working towards chartership
- At least 5 years of experience in structural design
- Client liaison experience
- Capability to perform planning, concept and detailed design
- Knowledge spacegass / autoCAD and strand7 Desired
Life at BG&E
- Flexible working arrangements to help achieve real work life balance
- Health and wellbeing support via a confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive remuneration, compensation, and Paternal Leave
- On-the-job coaching to help you be the best you can be, including leveraging BG&E’s global network of experts to help you realise your professional development goals
- Learning and development initiatives – Professional Memberships
Wellbeing and Safety
BG&E provides collaborative working environments, which supports the safety and wellbeing of all employees and stakeholders. As an organisation, we strive to continually mitigate risks, and to improve our safety systems and performance.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality is part of BG&E’s DNA. We value who you are – it begins with our values and continues through our culture – and is fostered throughout our workplaces. We recognise and celebrate difference and encourage our people and potential candidates to be comfortable in bringing your complete self to work.
BG&E is in a privileged position to apply our technical expertise to help restore balance in the natural and built environments. Our Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Committee are building on the outcomes which have been achieved by working with clients, employees, communities and suppliers, to harmoniously transition into a low-carbon economy.
- Published on 23 Aug 2023, 1:05 AM