- Job no: P4FXB
We are St Barbara. A growing gold company with a global outlook.
We’re an Australian based, ASX 200 company with gold mining operations in Australia, Canada and Papua New Guinea. Our vision is to be a brilliant, global mining company that grows sustainably and creates enduring, positive impacts.
Our Atlantic Operations Touqouy mine site is located an hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Situated in Canada’s Ocean Playground, it’s no surprise that Nova Scotian’s quality of life is second to none. Whether you prefer sandy beaches and coastal cliffs, or the culture and energy of city life, you’re never far from either. Halifax is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada and has been rated by Maclean’s Magazine as Canada’s best place to live and work.
Now is an exciting time for our business and for our people. We’re going through a period of significant change and have gained real momentum in transforming our business so that, together, we can build a brilliant future. We’re looking for people who are ready to grow through opportunity and build brilliance with us.
We are currently seeking a Mill Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent to join our team. This is a full-time, permanent position with our Atlantic Operations based at our Touquoy mine in Middle Musquodoboit. Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Mill Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent oversees all site mechanical maintenance activities and effectively manages specialist teams and offsite contractors.
- Leading safe work practices by ensuring safe work conditions and practices in the Department, proactively investigating all safety and health concerns and implementing continuous improvement in safety.
- Identifying safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture with safety being the top priority.
- Overseeing all aspects of site maintenance with specialist teams (mechanical, hydraulic, etc.) covering the mine, the associated mill, and related conveyor systems.
- Ensuring a safe work environment in compliance with HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Promoting and fostering company goals and objectives with all maintenance activities.
- Utilizing continuous improvement and reliability centered maintenance techniques.
- Applying all applicable regulation, codes and corporate site standards to all maintenance activities.
- Preparing reports on equipment maintenance, safety and progress reports.
- Inspecting and maintaining equipment for proper performance and safety compliance.
- Discussing complex problems and solutions in a team environment.
- Diagnosing faults and malfunctions.
- Responsible for maintenance teams and contractors, tools equipment and spare parts.
- Preparing and approve preventative maintenance and other plans, allocating work to teams, overseeing progress, problem solve, and taking corrective action when required
- Budgetary responsibilities.
- Leading by example and participating in management meetings.
- Liaising with suppliers and consultants.
- Managing effective use of available resources, including own time, in support of the mechanical maintenance department.
- Building teams, motivating individuals and solving problems to achieve results.
- Recruiting, training and developing employees and supervisors, with support from Maintenance Supervisors and HR.
- Working with trade unions, where required, supervisors and HR to avoid and resolve personal issues and grievances.
- Working with senior managers, other Superintendents and their maintenance supervisors to ensure safe equipment operations and maximize reliability and minimize costs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Are you ready to come and build a brilliant future with us?
We need the very best people. People who genuinely care for the work they do and the positive impact they can make. People who see challenge as an opportunity for growth and value working with others towards a common goal.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A personal commitment to behavior consistent with St Barbara's Values including honesty and integrity, respect, working together, delivering to promise and striving to do better.
- Qualified Red Seal Millwright or Mechanic.
- At least 8 years relevant fixed plant maintenance experience.
- At least 5 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Understanding and modifying schematics and drawings as deem relevant.
- Familiar with hydraulic circuits and schematics.
- Familiar with conveyor and crusher equipment repair and maintenance.
- Familiar with grinding circuit maintenance and repair.
- Comfortable with CMMS systems.
- Able to work overtime and longer hours as required especially during planned and unplanned shutdowns.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Current unencumbered Class 5 Driver’s License.
For further information on St Barbara and to apply for this role, please visit: https://stbarbara.com.au/working-with-us/current-opportunities/
- Published on 09 May 2022, 3:48 PM