- Increase your take home pay through Salary Packaging options.
- The opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities.
- We strongly encourage candidates with a disability to apply. We believe in the power of diverse perspectives and experiences in driving meaningful change and advancing human rights for all.
Sydney Home & Living services
At Aruma, we believe in the power of diversity and inclusivity. Our mission is to defend human rights and create a world where every individual is treated with dignity and respect. We're committed to building a team that reflects the rich tapestry of humanity.
People love to work at Aruma because they get the satisfaction of knowing they are Supporting people to live a great life, the life they want, the life they choose. Aruma is BRAVE. That's what makes us a trailblazer, being part of our team means you need to meet our BRAVE behaviours (Bold, Respectful, Authentic, Value Teamwork, Excellent).
About the Role
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and compassionate Support Worker to join our team. As a Support Worker, you will play a crucial role in enhancing the lives of individuals with disabilities by providing personalised care and support tailored to their unique needs and goals. Your dedication and commitment will contribute significantly to creating a more inclusive and compassionate society.
This is an opportunity to work in a casual capacity across our services in Padstow, Ashfield, Abbotsford, Five Dock, Punchbowl, Dulwich Hill, Roselands, Strathfield, Summer Hill, Earlwood, Campsie, Belfield, and Petersham.
- Delivering high-quality support services to customers with disabilities.
- Assisting clients in their daily living activities, such as personal care, mobility, and skill development.
- Promoting community integration and supporting clients in accessing social and recreational activities.
- Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to develop and implement individualised support plans.
- Encouraging independence and empowering clients to achieve their personal goals.
- Advocating for the rights and needs of individuals with disabilities.
Benefits of working with Aruma!
- Salary Packaging: Access to NFP salary packaging up to $15,900 for living expenses and additional $2,650 for meal and entertainment expenses each year tax free.
- Fitness Passport: Access to subsidised Gym membership
- Employee Assistance Program: Free confidential service including Money Assist, Legal Assist, Family Assist and Nutrition/Lifestyle Assist.
- Training: Opportunity for accredited training through our RTO
- Discounted Health Insurance: Access to a range of discounted health and wellness services through Bupa.
- Recognition & Rewards: Recognition for your hard work through BRAVE Reviews and our annual BRAVE Awards night
- Job Satisfaction: Through making a real difference in peoples’ lives within a values-driven organisation.
- Passionate about human rights and creating positive change.
- Empathetic and compassionate, with a keen understanding of diverse experiences.
- Excellent communication skills to be the voice that resonates with others.
- Enthusiastic team player, eager to collaborate and inspire.
- Hold current or willingness to obtain relevant regulatory requirements (as per role and/or State).
- Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply! Your valuable insights will enrich our advocacy efforts and foster a more inclusive world.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information.
Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered. Shortlisted applications will be required to undergo pre-employment probity checks. We will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.