Aruma needs YOU (yes, you!)
Support Worker |Various Locations in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven | Casual opportunities
At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It’s the reason we exist – after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
Our Aruma team is an incredible bunch of people. They’re bold, brave and courageous. They see possibilities where others may not. They stand up for the things that matter and stand together as a team. And while they’re serious about human rights, they have a knack for finding joy in life – even in the most unexpected places.
When you’re part of the Aruma team, you’re not just supporting people. You’re pioneering new paths, challenging assumptions, daring to think differently, and telling society to raise its bar much higher.
We’re after people who have values similar to ours, but there’s no specific ‘mould’ you need to fit (after all, we need a team that’s as diverse as our customers!).
There are, however, a few boxes you’ll need to tick:
· Enthusiastic about supporting people with disabilities to live great lives. The lives they want and choose (we’re all about putting the people we support first. That’s a non-negotiable)
· Current Driver’s License
· Current First Aid Certificate
· Strong sense of accountability and confidentiality
· Have flexibility to work on a 24/7 rotating roster which includes days, evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts.
· Have completed the NDIS Worker Orientation Module (Quality Safety and You) or willingness to complete prior to commencing.
· Be willing to provide an NDIS Worker Check (NDISWC) Clearance.
· Have the ability to support others with personal care and domestic duties in a respectful way (and happy for this to be part of your job).
· Have the capacity to meet the physical requirements of the job that may include manual handling tasks.
Nice to have….
· Certificate III in Individual Support - Disability (but this isn’t a ‘must’ – we’re happy to provide training to help you get qualified)
So, who is Aruma?
We’re glad you asked! Aruma is a new name in disability services, but we’re definitely not the new kids on the block. You might remember us as House with No Steps and The Tipping Foundation, two great organisations, with over 100 years of combined experience, who came together in 2018. Find out more about us at aruma.com.au
Our success depends on YOU. We’d love to hear your story.
Are you ready for the challenge? To be part of the Aruma journey, let us know what you could bring and apply by midnight August 10th 2021