- Job no: N78QH
- Category: Support Office, Payroll
Alquemie Group is a house of brands that include General Pants, SurfStitch, Ginger & Smart, National Geographic Apparel and LEGO Certified Stores … and more in the pipeline!
With passion and precision at the heart of everything we do, this role is responsible for partnering and coaching leaders across the Alquemie Group business to work towards our best practice standards.
Reporting to the Head of Payroll, this role will cover Payroll Administration, Compliance, Reporting, and Team Collaboration and Communication.
About the role:
As Payroll Officer you will be responsible for the end-to-end payroll function of the group. This includes the complete and accurate processing of weekly pays, ensuring all local and federal tax compliance is maintained, superannuation lodgments are accurate and timely, end of month payroll accounts are reconciled and delivered to the finance team each month end and any payroll related queries from business stakeholders are attended to in a professional and timely manner.
- Successful interface between Flare and Rockfast and Rockfast to Kronos
- Accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll tax and annual payroll tax reconciliations by state
- We currently have weekly and fortnightly pay runs
- New starters, position changes and terminations processing a timely manner
- Accurate and timely processing of weekly payroll
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations, with relevant laws and internal policies
- Minimum 2 year's experience in a similar role
- Intermediate in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Clear and concise communication skills across all levels
- Effective time management
- Highly organised
- Experience in the Retail Industry is highly regarded
- Rockfast payroll systems experience is highly regarded
- Kronos experience is highly regarded
- Award interpretation of GRIA and State/Federal legislation highly regarded
Why join us?
At Alquemie Group, we believe in creating a supportive and inclusive environment that promotes and celebrates individuality and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- YOU Days – extra day/s off each year that increases with tenure
- Birthday Day off – what better way to celebrate your birthday than an extra day of leave!
- Diverse career paths – it’s over to you!
- Staff discount – between 20% - 50% across all Alquemie Group brands!
- Training and development – we want you to grow and get the most out of your role
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for - apply now!