Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent position
- Classification - HS5
- New and exciting role at Alfred Health
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identified position
The Patient Experience Consumer Engagement (PECE) Department supports the organisational implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Patients Come Frist Strategy our roadmap for providing high-quality, equitable, patient-centred care.
The PECE includes the following portfolios:
- Aboriginal Health
- Consumer and Community Participation
- Diversity, including cultural and linguistic diversity (CALD), lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and queer (LGBTIQ), disability, and all other minority groups with potential unmet needs.
- Volunteer Program (The Alfred and Caulfield Hospital)
- An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the dynamic and innovative Alfred Health PECE team. The Aboriginal Engagement Advisor will support our commitment to better meet the health and wellbeing needs of our First Nations communities and employees.
- We are looking for a highly organised person with excellent interpersonal skills to provide cultural advice and coordinate the development and delivery of projects and strategies within the Aboriginal Health portfolio.
This is an exciting new role at Alfred Health. As the Aboriginal Team Leader, you will provide strategic leadership and operational management to the Aboriginal Hospital liaison officers at Alfred Health. This unit plays a key role in supporting Alfred Health to better meet the health and wellbeing needs of our local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities who present to our health service.
This role will be integral to building upon initial links that Alfred Health has already established with local Aboriginal elders and community service providers. You will work with key staff to ensure appropriate systems are in place for culturally responsive service provision for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients and their families when accessing The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham sites. The Team leader will provide dedicated high level clinical support when required to Alfred Health Aboriginal patients and work with the Aboriginal hospital liaison officers to deliver optimum patient care. The role also offers assistance to the whole of health service to provide secondary consultations as needed in order to improve access and care for Aboriginal patients.
This role will provide you with opportunities for improving service delivery and working towards developing quality improvement projects to support the delivery of services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients. You will be expected to work collaboratively with local service providers such as Access and Star Health, Launch Housing and Ngwala to develop efficient and coordinated services in response to the needs of the local ATSI community.
The ability to support a workforce and set up innovative processes to support patient care in a health-based setting will also be a requirement of this role. A relevant understanding of mental health services available for Aboriginal patients or mental health experience would also be advantageous to this role.
Flexible working arrangements may be considered for this role.
- Hospital experience is essential for this role.
- A good understanding of the local Aboriginal community
- An understanding of working with an Electronic medical record
- Previous experience working within a hospital setting
- Knowledge of local Aboriginal community services and support will be required for this role
- Project management would be advantageous
Enquiries to: Katrina Lewis Director Patient Experience Consumer Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27 June 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.