Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Team Leader / Senior Occupational Therapist VG3 - VG6
- Community Rehabilitation Program based at Caulfield Hospital
- Full-time, fixed 12 months contract linked to Maternity Leave
- Available from July 2020
Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides Home and Centre Based rehabilitation as well as Falls Clinic services.
The service's focus is on the provision of goal-directed, community-based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation.
The Community Rehabilitation multidisciplinary team comprises physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, a neuropsychologist, a clinical psychologist, allied health assistants, rehabilitation medicine doctors, a community health nurse and social workers.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled Team Leader / Senior Occupational Therapist to provide leadership to staff working within the Home Based Community Rehabilitation team.
A major focus of this position will be to provide leadership to staff working within Community Rehabilitation including an involvement with service development and quality improvement as well as the provision of high-quality clinical services to ambulatory clients.
Key selection criteria:
- Minimum seven years’ clinical experience (including experience providing outpatient or community based rehabilitation).
- Sound knowledge and skills in ambulatory rehabilitation, treatment techniques and outcome measures.
- Demonstrated expertise in leadership of health services.
- Well-developed leadership skills, including ability to undertake professional supervision and performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated skills in the evaluation and implementation of evidence-based practice and modification of service delivery.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork, and a proven ability to resolve conflict and relate effectively to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Sound skills in organisation, planning and priority setting.
Applications Close: Monday, 8th June 2020
Enquiries: Lana Umansky (Manager Community Rehabilitation Program) on 9076 6207 or [email protected]g.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.