Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Clinical Support Nurse (Grade 3B)
- Ongoing or Fixed Term
- Part-Time – 64 hours per fortnight
Are you passionate about teaching & growing minds in the clinical setting?
An excellent career opportunity arises for Clinical Support Development Nurse to join our dynamic and growing service at Alfred Health Emergency Departments.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse with Postgraduate qualifications in Emergency/Critical Care to contribute to the development and provide education and supervision to emergency nurses.
The Education Support and Development role will operate within the education team to develop and empower professional emergency nursing through a dynamic educational framework. This role will work with staff across the service to promote excellence in nursing practice and stimulate an environment of continuous learning to improve practice as well as individual performance and professional development.
This role reaches across the Emergency & Trauma Centre and Sandringham Emergency Department at Alfred Health It will provide clinical support and supervision for staff to aid in continuing professional development.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic and friendly team responsible for:
- Works closely with the leadership team to identify opportunities and needs for the development of nursing practice
- Utilises practice opportunities to lead clinical learning activities for others
- Adapts to the learning needs of staff working in a dynamic environment
- Being an integral member of the clinical team supporting and educating staff at the bedside
You will also demonstrate:
- Registered as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA.
- Postgraduate Qualification in Emergency/Critical Care (or equivalent)
- Relevant clinical experience in Emergency nursing and in a clinical leadership role
- Completed or working toward Masters of Nursing (Education) or equivalent
- Current and satisfactory Working with Children Check
- Open, flexible and innovative
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate high level reflective and critical analysis skills
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Training
About the Service:
The Emergency Service within Alfred Health sees approximately 95,000 patients per annum. Sandringham Emergency Department manages approximately 30,000 and The Alfred Emergency & Trauma Centre (E&TC) manages approximately 65,000 patients. Sandringham Emergency Department is community-focused and has an integrated Urgent Care Centre model of care. In addition, Sandringham also manages paediatric patients providing a dynamic mix and opportunity to enhance clinical and management skills. The E&TC provides emergency medical services to the local community whilst also providing Victorian state-wide services for:
- Trauma (adult)
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Burns (adult)
- HIV Medicine
- Cystic Fibrosis (adult)
- Haemophilia (adult)
- Heart & Lung Transplant
- Critical Neurosurgery
- onsite discount car parking,
- discount onsite child care,
- discount health insurance,
- onsite gym
- salary packaging.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Bella Luu (Deputy Nurse Manager) on 9076 5153 or [email protected]
Close Date: Sunday 15th March 2020 at 11 pm.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.