Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Clinical Nurse Educator (Grade 4B)
- Ongoing or Fixed Term
- Part Time – 64 hours per fortnight
Are you passionate about shaping the future of Emergency Nursing?
An excellent career opportunity arises for Clinical Educators to join our innovative, dynamic and growing service in Emergency at Alfred Health
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse Educator to provide leadership and contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation on a range of professional activities as well as providing clinical support across all clinical areas in Emergency.
The Emergency Service within Alfred Health sees approximately 95,000 patients per annum. Sandringham Emergency Department manages approximately 30,000 and The Alfred Emergency & Trauma Centre (E&TC) manages approximately 65,000 patients. Sandringham Emergency Department is community focused and has an integrated Urgent Care Centre model of care. In addition, Sandringham also manages paediatric patients providing a dynamic mix and opportunity to enhance clinical and management skills. The E&TC provides emergency medical services to the local community whilst also providing Victorian state-wide services for:
- Trauma (adult)
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Burns (adult)
- HIV Medicine
- Cystic Fibrosis (adult)
- Haemophilia (adult)
- Heart & Lung Transplant
- Critical Neurosurgery
This role reaches across the Emergency & Trauma Centre and Sandringham Emergency Department at Alfred Health.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic and friendly team responsible for:
- Coordinating and delivering education programs at the local, interstate and international level to influence highest standards care for the Emergency Patient.
- Facilitating department-based training and clinical competency assessments
- Being an integral member of the clinical team supporting and educating staff at the bedside
- Fostering and motivating career progression for the Emergency Nurse
- Enabling research to influence better outcomes and care for all patients
To be successful you will be an organised and efficient professional with advanced skills in nursing assessment and highly developed clinical problem-solving skills. You will be a positive role model with a natural ability to mentor and support staff with an innovative approach to education delivery.
You will also demonstrate;
- Currently registered as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA.
- Postgraduate Qualification in Emergency/Critical Care (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in an education or education support role
- Demonstrate high level reflective and critical analysis skills
- Current and satisfactory Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated extensive relevant clinical knowledge/experience in paediatric and/or emergency nursing (relevant to the program) and in a clinical leadership role
- Open, flexible and innovative
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Completed or working toward Masters of Nursing (Education) or equivalent
- Commitment to the research process and application to practice
- onsite discount car parking
- discount onsite child care
- discount health insurance
- onsite gym
- salary packaging.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Bella Luu (Deputy Nurse Manager) on 9076 5153 or [email protected]
Close Date: Sunday 15th March 2020 at 11pm.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.