About the Role
Acumentis is seeking an experienced Workplace Health & Safety Advisor to join the team in either Brisbane or Sydney.
The role involves conversion of our WHS Management System into a user-friendly online platform, while taking charge of coordinating state and national safety committees and leading as the Chair of the national committee. You will also be responsible for maintaining legislative changes and providing expert advice to ensure compliance, along with the implementation of various WHS Initiatives to enhance the work environment for our team. You will be pivotal in the execution of our IS45001 External Audit.
This role is offered at a part-time capacity with flexibility to work hours and days that suit your lifestyle!
Acumentis prides itself and hold ourselves to the standard of our guiding principles and we ask our new team members to do the same. We lead ourselves and Never Quit. We hold ourselves accountable and Walk the Talk. We support the internal team, liaise directly with external stakeholders and Support Our People and Clients. We act in a fair and reasonable way and Embrace Equality of Opportunity. We take pride in developing our people into highly skilled and well-regarded professionals by providing mentoring and development pathways across all property types and sectors.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience and expertise in Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
- Strong understanding of WHS legislative requirements and a demonstrated ability to stay informed about changes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective committee coordination
- Previous involvement in converting WHSMS into online platforms is advantageous
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work independently, while also being a team player
- Previous experience in chairing safety committees and leading safety initiatives
- Proficiency in using relevant software tools and platforms.
We’ll be a great fit for you if:
- You want to be part of a growing People & Culture team who value professional development and work/life balance, in an environment where you can truly make a role your own.
- You’d like an extra day of leave for your birthday and volunteer opportunities.
- You’d like to take advantage of employee benefits such as bank partnerships, access to Employment Hero Discounts and a full wellness calendar of activities – with new benefits added each month!
- You’d like mentoring from industry leaders to guide your career, and create a guaranteed pathway for our twice-yearly promotion program.
How to Apply
If working with Acumentis in this period of growth sounds like something you are looking for, please apply online in the first instance. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact the People Team at email@example.com
It is a condition of employment that staff is to have a Police Clearance (paid for by the business).
Acumentis is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we make a commitment to our candidates to respond to every applicant.
Acumentis embraces and values the diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation, and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome the unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Indigenous people, their skills, and their contribution to our organisation.