Power to shine
ActewAGL’s Property, Security and Fleet team is looking for a motivated and experienced individual, with a high level of business acumen and integrity to join their team as the Security and Business Interruption Manager.
Reporting to the Group Manager Property, Security and Fleet, this position will be primarily responsible for the oversight of ActewAGL’s security arrangements, and assisting with the development and implementation of ActewAGL’s disaster recovery and business continuity framework and plans.
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital.
We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Power to make an impact
Your day in the role:
- Be responsible for the management of ActewAGL’s security arrangements and Business Interruption Framework, including troubleshooting.
- Assist Divisions within the business to:
- Conduct business impact analyses and develop strategies to ensure business continuity
- Develop and manage business continuity systems, processes and procedures
- Ensure all processes and systems meet legislative requirements
- Develop and conduct exercises to test business continuity plans and processes.
- Develop and implement business continuity and disaster response plans for ActewAGL.
- Manage the system for business interruption events (Noggin 2.0).
- Develop and implement a business continuity training program and prepare reports on the initiatives as required.
- Interpret and apply legislation and regulations on emergency management and business interruption.
- Perform security vulnerability assessments and security management plans, including mitigating strategies for ActewAGL.
- Advise on threats, threat levels and security risks across all sites of ActewAGL and recommend mitigating strategies.
- Provide relevant, timely and accurate security advice on the latest trends, principles, practices, and products relating to the security industry.
- Conduct investigations into security incidents and report on recommendations.
- Conduct system designs for security systems for new projects, access control, CCTV and ID systems.
- Create, implement and manage the criticality, vulnerability, threat and risk database (ARMS).
- Administration of keying systems, CCTV systems, electronics access control systems and intruder detection systems.
You will need to be successful:
- Qualification in Business Continuity, Emergency Management or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of business continuity and disaster recovery planning and processes.
- Experience in maintaining and continually improving business continuity plans and associated initiatives.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements/standards for business continuity, including crisis management concepts and practices.
- Experience with GIS and/or emergency and continuity exercise management is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We encourage you to apply now through the online portal by uploading a resume and a cover letter telling us about the key skills, experience, qualifications, and capabilities you can bring to this role.
Applications close Sunday 3rd July 2022.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Barry Jackson, Group Manager Property Security and Fleet on (02) 6270 7523.