- Job no: RFJ97
Level 1 Support Workers – Summer Hill
We are Achieve Australia!
- Join an organization that makes a difference to people’s lives.
- Part time permanent roles at an Inner West location!
- NFP salary packaging available.
Achieve Australia has been providing services to people with disability since the 1950s. Today, we are a registered NDIS provider offering accommodation, community participation, supported employment and support coordination services in the Greater Sydney and in Northern Rivers regions in NSW. We are driven by our Passion, Purpose and Principles:
- Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
- Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
- We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
About the role
This role provides ongoing support to the rest of the Summer Hill team with a variety of tasks to ensure we are providing ongoing active support for our clients. This includes routine processes and procedures that assist in the provision of person centred supports. Some of the tasks will include:
· Driving clients to community, family and medical events using wheelchair accessible van and restraints.
· Providing active support to clients whilst undertaking household tasks.
· Accepting and distributing (often very large) deliveries linen, medical equipment and PPE.
· Assisting with the maintaining of the household, such as cleaning, restocking and removal of rubbish, including clinical bins.
· Minor maintenance in line with skills.
· Oxygen monitoring and cylinder replacement.
· Please note: Training will be provided for specific tasks
This is done in compliance with the organisation’s policies, processes and procedures, and meets the National Standards for Disability Services and all regulatory and legislative requirements.
For more detailed information about the role, please refer to the Position description .
- Experience providing day to day maintenance and supports in a similar environment.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Being able to put our clients at the centre of their own service.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current NSW Drivers’ License.
- Current Working with Children Check.
Our benefits - Our employees are the champions for an inclusive world and in return we offer:
- Working as part of a team that makes a difference to people's lives
- Access to Employee Assistance and Fitness Passport programs
- Salary packaging benefits exclusive for the Not for Profit sector;
- Supportive, friendly team environment and culture
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people's lives
If you have questions about this role, please direct enquiries to email@example.com
Pre-employment checks: Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and staff are expected to share this commitment. As a result your application may be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Right to work in Australia check. Please note criminal history does not immediately effect employment opportunities. Applications will be assessed on merit.
How to apply: To register your interest apply online, providing an updated resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
If this sounds like you and you want to make a difference in people’s lives, APPLY NOW!
- Published on 18 Aug 2022, 2:05 AM