We are Achieve Australia!
- Contract type: Casual. 10x casual roles available
- Pay info: SCHADS award Level 2
- Base Location: North Ryde
- Travel requirements: you will be required to travel across most of the locations of Achieve Australia services.
Achieve Australia has been ranked in the top 10 of the Government, Education and Non-for-profit category on the 2021 AFR BOSS Best Places to Work List.
Achieve Australia has been providing services to people with disability since the 1950s. Today, we are a registered NDIS provider offering accommodation, community participation, supported employment and support coordination services in Greater Sydney and in Northern Rivers regions in NSW. We are driven by our Passion, Purpose and Principles:
· Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
· Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
· We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
About the role
- The Quality Champion Partner role is to help elevate the voices of people with disability who receive services from Achieve Australia.
- The Quality Champion Partner is a key support to the Quality Champion role, a person with lived experience of disability.
- Quality Champions and Quality Champion Partners work together to engage persons with disability who are supported by Achieve to generate direct feedback on the quality of those support services.
- Quality Champion Partners will assist Quality Champions to transform the feedback gathered from the clients into actionable insights and recommendations to improve service quality over time.
- Quality Champion Partners will assist Quality Champions to conduct follow up interviews with Quality Champion Program participants, to determine if actionable insights and recommendations have been implemented to improve service quality.
- We are keen to have you apply if a flexible role that provides you with valuable experience is something you are interested in.
Essential requirements of the role
- Not be affiliated with Achieve Australia.
- Current pre-employment clearances - Working with Children Check, Criminal Background Check and NDIS Worker Check.
- 18 years of age (or over)
- Access to personal email and mobile phone
- Ability to travel independently.
- Flexible availability to conduct interviews with Achieve Australia clients.
- A reflective worker, who is person-centred and inclusive.
- Ability and willingness to conduct quality assessments with Achieve Australia clients.
- Ability to modify communication style to suit various target audiences.
- Report writing skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Suite of programs
- Equivalent to VET Certificate III in relevant studies, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Experience in a supervisory or support role
Detailed information about this role is available in the attached Position Description.
If you have questions about this role, you can contact us via
Pre-employment checks: Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and staff are expected to share this commitment. As a result, your application may be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including reference checks, a Police check, a Working with Children check, a Right to work in Australia check and NDISWC. Please note criminal history does not immediately affect employment opportunities. Applications will be assessed on merit.
How to apply: To register your interest, apply online, and provide an updated resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
If this sounds like you and you want to make a difference in people’s lives, APPLY NOW!
The Talent Pool is being created to fill current vacancies and for future roles that may arise over the next 12 months.
We have a Covid-19 Safety Plan in place including policies and procedures to support our clients and our workforce. The Covid-19 Management Committee meets on a regular basis to ensure our responses continue to be proactive and comprehensive, ensuring the safety of stakeholders at all times.
Achieve Australia welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Achieve Australia is an equal opportunities employer.