- Job no: C63AE
We are Achieve Australia!
- Join a high performing and motivated leadership team, committed to achieving the best outcomes and making a difference in the sector
- Exciting opportunity to lead the provision of quality support services for our clients and their families.
- Full time role, based Summer Hill
- Attractive salary packaging
Achieve Australia has been providing services to people with disability since the 1950s. Today, we are a registered NDIS provider offering accommodation, community participation, supported employment and support coordination services in the Greater Sydney and in Northern Rivers regions in NSW. We are driven by our Passion, Purpose and Principles:
- Our Passion is social inclusion for people with disability.
- Our Purpose is to build extraordinary lives, supporting people with disability to be well, have a home, choose a career, learn new skills, participate in their community and enjoy a full life.
- We live by our Principles of inclusiveness, stewardship, extraordinary outcomes and ethical practices.
About the role
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us as a Nurse Service Manager for Summer Hill House working with children with complex medical needs. This role is responsible for providing 1:1 supervision to direct reports, overseeing the implementation of individual client plans and being the first point of contact for families/carers and other client related stakeholders.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Service Manager will work in partnership with internal stakeholders ensuring the execution of our vision at a local level, including driving positive quality client outcomes (quality of life and health supports), staff performance and engagement, and service sustainability. The role will also be key in helping drive positive cultural and behavioural change within their sites.
For more detailed information about the role, please refer to the Position description .
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent (Disability, Nursing or related);
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum 2 years experience in managing cluster of services and people within the disability sector or similar organisation;
- Demonstrated understanding of NDIS, the principles of Active support and human rights-based approach to service delivery and experience managing complex site-based accommodation service;
- Ability to transform the performance and culture in the workplace, with a commitment to client outcomes and a positive employee experience;
- Proficient computer literacy skills and advanced interpersonal communication skills including negotiation and the preparation of written and verbal reports; and
- Ability to understand business and financial drivers of a disability service and apply them to a supported independent living model;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders;
- Current NSW Drivers’ License, Working with Children Check;
- Experience Working in Children Services
Our benefits - Our employees are the champions for an inclusive world and in return we offer:
- Working as part of a team that makes a difference to people's lives
- Access to Employee Assistance and Fitness Passport programs
- Salary packaging benefits exclusive for the Not for Profit sector;
- Supportive, friendly team environment and culture
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people's lives
If you have questions about this role, please direct enquiries to email@example.com
Pre-employment checks: Achieve Australia is committed to implementing safer recruitment practices. This means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and staff are expected to share this commitment. As a result your application may be subject to a number of pre-employment checks; including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Right to work in Australia check. Please note criminal history does not immediately effect employment opportunities. Applications will be assessed on merit.
How to apply: To register your interest apply online, providing an updated resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
If this sounds like you and you want to make a difference in people’s lives, APPLY NOW!
The Talent Pool is being created to fill current vacancies and for future ongoing roles that may arise over the next 12 months.
- Published on 28 Jul 2022, 3:59 AM